• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Third times a charm v3.0

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I predict a Jaromy Small pic in next year's calendar. What say y'all? :cool:

I bet so. ;)

Andy did an amazing job capturing the week.

Little Sluice
yZXY2tx.jpg

Oc8pZxr.jpg

9mENrb6.jpg

Soup Bowl
b6QCJcN.jpg

2A0AxeB.jpg

Granite slab
CFNF75i.jpg

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Went and played in the sand for a week
LD57VXo.jpg

fSUbSo8.jpg

OXgB36r.jpg

Now it's time for the new dash, console and wiring
0LX8vqD.png

0GuZjqc.jpg

Still not sure on the gauge layout, but this is the one I like the most
O9iDJDA.jpg

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That''s clean...I like it a lot. What sort of gauges are you planning on running where the speedo and tach are in one? On a sort of unrelated question, who are you sourcing your laser cut stuff from? I'm in the market for a new supplier, as the cut quality with Bridge City Steel seems to vary day to day, week to week.

Any chance you'd be willing to share the solid file of your cage design? I'm just starting mine in Solidworks, but have a few pics of your cage saved for reference, as I like how you used one continuous tube along the side to minimize snagging stuff when rubbing trees or whatever. Seems like a well thought out design that provides function without being a total Ultra4 jungle gym.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
That''s clean...I like it a lot. What sort of gauges are you planning on running where the speedo and tach are in one? On a sort of unrelated question, who are you sourcing your laser cut stuff from? I'm in the market for a new supplier, as the cut quality with Bridge City Steel seems to vary day to day, week to week.

Any chance you'd be willing to share the solid file of your cage design? I'm just starting mine in Solidworks, but have a few pics of your cage saved for reference, as I like how you used one continuous tube along the side to minimize snagging stuff when rubbing trees or whatever. Seems like a well thought out design that provides function without being a total Ultra4 jungle gym.

I am using Speedhut gauges. I have been using Bridge City Steel for all of my stuff and the cut quality has been great so far. I asked them to redo my dash because the bend angles weren't accurate. They worked with me on that so I was happy with them for doing that. I am very low production stuff so far so that might have something to do with it.

The cage was designed in Bend-Tech and then imported into Fusion360 so the tube coping could be done. The tube cutting service can't use the BT file from what I have been told. We are working on a quote right now for laser coping and CNC bending of the cage.

Attachments

• 9E69B266-6CA6-4BFA-A66C-852FE75D13FA.jpg
    9E69B266-6CA6-4BFA-A66C-852FE75D13FA.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 77

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Switch Pro Good stuff J...

Did an install of one of those during the early Covid months... Really cleaned up my Buddies wiring ;)

Attachments

• 11771.jpeg
    11771.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCN5726.jpg
    DSCN5726.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20200416_132346751.jpg
    IMG_20200416_132346751.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 100
OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Switch Pro Good stuff J...

Did an install of one of those during the early Covid months... Really cleaned up my Buddies wiring ;)

Very nice install! I bought two 9100's a month or two before they announced the Force 12 :-[ Force 12 would have covered all my needs

yakelys69

You have done so much awesome work on your truck, it's really amazing! Any chance you could take a measurement from the bottom of the tube by your window to the floor by the driver seat? I want to push mine as high as possible but don't have a roof for reference.

cage-mockup.PNG