• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Name Build Thread: from "Obscure Machine" to "Bayou Hazard"

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Love This ButtStank work! Yep, Dennondo (bondo) so the pillar is made to look solid. It's very satisfying to cut this shiznit out!

Attachments

• unnamed (17).jpg
    unnamed (17).jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 499
OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Today I cut / chiseled / drilled out everything to get the seat platform removed. Discovered that ButtStank not only filled the door supports with bondo to cover them up, but also filled in rust holes in both door striker posts with bondo! Then painted over them.

The question now is, do I pull the posts, which scares the crap out of me, of get my fab guy to patch it, and patch the bottom of the door supports, which are 90% good?

Anyway, I cleaned out the middle of the floor channels, vacuumed, wire wheeled with 3 different wheels, cleaned it with prep-all, and hit it with self etching primer. I know I might be getting ahead of myself by doing this (knowing metal work is coming. But it just felt good to see rust redeemed.

Note the shirt in the picture!

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 75
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 74
  • unnamed (7).jpg
    unnamed (7).jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 79
  • unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 69
  • unnamed (8).jpg
    unnamed (8).jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 69

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
If that is the only bad spot on the rear door post then I would section in a piece. Easier than replacing the whole part especially if you not doing quarter panels. I see you put tape on your bracing weld flanges, good idea. I assume you'll be putting weld thru primer on them. That whole floor pan section will look nice on there. Ken

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Wow, I'm actually surprised yours had that much rust! If I'm not mistaken, that was a local Bronco when moron got it and I thought it was actually pretty solid :eek:

"NO RUST OR ROT!" %)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
My Goodness... Congrats

Ordered a welder today. Esab Mig / Tig / Stick.

Can also use it in my furniture making side business

s-l1600.jpg

andyp

Contributor
Have you taken the diamond plate door cards off yet?

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
sanded, cleaned and primered the firewall, driver upper floor pan, tunnel and kick pannels
Wirebrushed, grinded, sanded and primered all of the frame I can get to with the floor pans and seat platform out. WHO NEEDS A FRAME OFF!?!?!?!

Santa Claus showed Up:
*Welder
*Welding Helmet
*Gloves
*Clamps
*the four wheelhouse fill plates for in front of and behind the wheel wells.
*New ignition switch
*Door Hinge backing plates

Started putting away my tools in my new tool cabinet, so I can clean the garage, so I have it organized, so I can bring the bronco inside when it's time, and also keep my woodworking business going. I need a huge shop.

Plus I bought these cool Zildjian low volume cymbals and drum heads so I can practice drumming without blasting the house apart! Very cool new item that I wish they had made years ago!

Attachments

• zild.jpg
    zild.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2229.jpg
    IMG_2229.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2220.jpg
    IMG_2220.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
1. Sanded, Grinded, wire-wheeled, prep-all and primered the driver floor pan.

B. Painted the passenger side frame (since I can get to it with the floor pans out.

Q. Stared at the passenger kick panel for a while, scared of what I might have to do.

13. Continued migrating tools to the new tool cabinet.

%. Talked to a guy who is seriously interested in the Mustang! (which has to do with the Bronco because, that's how I'm paying for the Bronco Build!)

Attachments

• driver floor pan primer.jpg
    driver floor pan primer.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Pass frame paint.jpg
    Pass frame paint.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Rot.jpg
    Rot.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Front Quarter.jpg
    Front Quarter.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 62

rydog1130

Bronco Guru
I think you could patch that kick panel. No one is going to see it, good place to start practicing!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
That thing is gonna work Great....

sanded, cleaned and primered the firewall, driver upper floor pan, tunnel and kick pannels
Wirebrushed, grinded, sanded and primered all of the frame I can get to with the floor pans and seat platform out. WHO NEEDS A FRAME OFF!?!?!?!

Santa Claus showed Up:
*Welder
*Welding Helmet
*Gloves
*Clamps
*the four wheelhouse fill plates for in front of and behind the wheel wells.
*New ignition switch
*Door Hinge backing plates

Started putting away my tools in my new tool cabinet, so I can clean the garage, so I have it organized, so I can bring the bronco inside when it's time, and also keep my woodworking business going. I need a huge shop.

Plus I bought these cool Zildjian low volume cymbals and drum heads so I can practice drumming without blasting the house apart! Very cool new item that I wish they had made years ago!

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
This is only bronco related in that.....

A guy is coming today who wants to buy the mustang GT. He's driving an hour and a half for a final look! And that's a crap-ton of $$$$$$ that will go straight into...

THE BRONCO!!!!

And also a shotgun! ;D ;D ;D

Prayers appreciated!