• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

can't upload pics

jdgary

Loc.
Wilmington, NC
Does anyone know how to resize a picture? I've been trying to upload some but the site keeps saying the file size is too large.

Thanks, J

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There is such a thing as too large, but I would have thought you'd get some other message.
The guys are right about being a contributor letting you upload directly to the site, but if you're not sure you're ready to fork over the 13 bucks yet, the other method is to use an online hosting site such as SuperMotors or one of several others out there, and linking the images to your thread.

There are a few steps to making it so they show up as images, rather than just links, but I forget how that works.
There is a thread at the top of this page (I think) that details how to post up images.

Paul

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
I use irFanview to manage my pics. Very easy application that you can re-size the image and then save as .jpg or .png.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Load the pics and then Control + R to re-size. Then Control + S to save. Select your file type during the save and also can adjust the quality. Saving as even 70% for the .jpg looks fine posted on this site.

Also, you can use a site like photobucket and then just point to your image there. Get the direct link from photobucket and as you post here just wrap that text in a
at the end. You can use the image took bar, but all it is doing is adding the IMG stuff to your link. I actually compose my message sometimes in notepad, then copy and paste into this site. Quicker.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
There are ways of posting pics without having to pay. I did it at first when I got on this site. But soon realized all the information I learned on here it soon made sense to pay $12 yr to help Jon support this website. It's well worth the money!

In contributor status I had problems uploading sideways from my iPad. I fixed this issue by editing each pic in a "square" instead of 4:3, 16:7, etc. But at the moment I can't post more than one pic per post using my iPad. I don't have this problem using my PC. Hope this helps!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Photo bucket, but it's well worth a little $$ to contribute to this great site :)

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I use SmugMug to host my photos. Mine is a paid subscription but I think they have a free option too, if I recall correctly. I like it because its less cluttered than photobucket, flickr, etc. And its easy to insert photos from there into a post here on CB, so that it displays full size without making readers click on a thumbnail. But I agree with the others, the price to become a contributor here is tiny, and anyone who is still using this site after a short introductory period, in my opinion should feel morally obligated to make that small contribution.

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
I contribute even though I use photobucket, due to the value of this site. When I use the photobucket I don't have to worry about file size which is nice.

KBUCK1

he may be a contributor. When I wasnt a contributor it didnt give me the option to upload at all

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Does anyone know how to resize a picture? I've been trying to upload some but the site keeps saying the file size is too large.
Where are you trying to upload pictures? Since you aren't a Contributor you shouldn't even have an option to upload them in the forums. Maybe the Gallery or Garage section?

Anyway, here's a thread with instructions for re-sizing photos. http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34502