• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NC Race/Trail Bronco For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
Selling my Bronco. Driven by an old lady. Never raced or abused. Ok, maybe not.

Here are the specs:

- Fully built D-44 front. 4:88's, ARB locker, Superior Shafts with CTM joints, MOOG ball joints, and WH track bar riser with self-fabbed double shear mount for the lower heim joint. Factory Ford 76-77 style disc brakes.

- 77' HD 9" Rear. 4:88's, ARB locker, 31 spline Yukon shafts, disc brakes, custom fabbed Ruff-Stuff traction bar, 9+ nodular center section.

- 98' Explorer 302. Fairly stock engine. It was given a high volume oil pump, timing chain, gaskets, and main/rod bearings when installed. It uses the Mustang A9L and EEC IV EFI parts. The engine runs great. No surging, hesitation, sputtering, or stalling. I do not have a VSS hooked up but it works great without it.

- Stock (rebuilt) C4 trans with cast deep sump pan and twin sticked D20 Transfer case. The T-case is a T shift case with the shift rails modded to do front digs but you can't jam the case into high and low at the same time by accident. The front output is a J style output for ease of maintenance or swapping, if ever needed.

- Suspension is stock style. Radius arms were lengthened using 2" .25 wall DOM and 1-1/4" heims at the frame. Front track bar is DOM with 3/4" heims, as is the steering. Rear spring mounts were relocated 4" back. Springs are 3.5" WH leafs, with Nicks Trix shackles. Shocks are 12" King 3 tube bypasses on the front and King 14" remote resi on the rear. Both axles have limit straps on them- nothing to worry about when you're airborne.

- All sheet metal is in good shape. It is painted in Stroppe colors and all metal is fully removable if you want to avoid damaging it while wheeling. I have some extra quarter panels that are in good shape but haven't been fitted up. They'd need some trimming and drilling to fit the truck, along with paint.

- The windshield frame is fully removable as well. I added it later on after the racing stopped, for more enjoyable driving without a helmet on.

- RCI fuel cell with 6AN push-loc fittings.

- Corbeau Baja SS seats with 5 point harnesses. Full gauges, cutting brakes, and in cab adjustable rear proportioning valve.

- Custom bumpers, front has a Warn XD9000i with synthetic rope. Cage is 1-3/4" .120 DOM and 1-3/4" HREW front hoop for the engine compartment.

- Tires are (5) 33" TSL on real 15" beadlocks. All hold air perfectly and have around 75% or more tread.

- 4x4x2 steering box with DOM tie rods and 3/4" heims along with ram assist.

Full build thread is here:

http://www.cb4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?3626-ECORS-Class-A-race-rig-build

The pics on page 39 are not recent but it looks about like that now. It hasn't been beat on since those were taken.

The truck is incredibly reliable, has never overheated- even in July, and very tough. It's ready to go right now. My reason for selling is that I am positioning myself to start a bicycle shop and want to free up as much cash as possible. NO trades please. The truck does have a title, but I'm sure it doesn't match the frame. The frame is a 77 (going by the track bar mount and holes for the 77 only rear gas tank), and the title like a 74. I never concerned myself with it as it was built to race. It is the best driving Bronco that I've owned.

Price is $12,500 and I'm in Charlotte, NC. I've got lots of extras to go with it.

Last edited:

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
cool stuff! HOW COME? nothing bad I hope!!

OP
OP
broncosbybart

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
Thanks fellas!

Nothing bad at all. I want to free up some cash to start up a bicycle shop. Looks like the time to do it is finally here!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
good to hear and even better wishes on the new endeavor!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
life sometimes dictates us right.. Good luck man,

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Thanks fellas!

Nothing bad at all. I want to free up some cash to start up a bicycle shop. Looks like the time to do it is finally here!

Especially in NC.

I remember going there 30 years ago and saw more mountain bikes than I'd ever seen before.

Seems like a great place to do the bike thing.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.