• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New member checking in. 1974 Project

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Nice job with the B2 Joe, was and still is a cool little 4x4 if you can find one! Seems they have all been crushed. But I always liked them!

As for bracing the body, worth the effort. better safe than sorry!

OP
OP
N

Nemisus

Loc.
North Bay, CA
Nice job with the B2 Joe, was and still is a cool little 4x4 if you can find one! Seems they have all been crushed. But I always liked them!

As for bracing the body, worth the effort. better safe than sorry!

Thanks Broncoitis,

At one time the B2 could be found anywhere and for not much more than a few hundred bucks. Now what can be found seems really expensive to me...

I recently wanted to build another B2 but with my growing family I decided to get a first gen explorer. 4 doors made more sense. Always considered the first gen EXP to be a beefier upgrade to what the B2 was.

Since getting the Early Bronco the EXP got placed on hold.

Anyhow, got a few more parts on order for the 74. Looking forward to getting some progress done.

OP
OP
N

Nemisus

Loc.
North Bay, CA
UPDATE: 02/15/2017

Been a long time since I've added anything new. Done some work to the 74 over the few months. Unfortunately went out on a Leave of Absence (LOA), due to a "un-ruptured aneurysm over the Holidays and had some time with the Bronco.

During recovery I managed to get the passenger floor board, outer rocker, and forward door post replaced. Since this is my first time doing a job like this I am certain I did something wrong but the end result turned out pretty good! Everything lines up pretty good.

I'll have pictures up as soon as I get home up. I did the work a while ago just haven't had the time to post anything.

With a decent tax return I decided to order a Centech harness so I am looking forward to getting that soon. Still have the driver side floor to replace and the driver outer rocker. Once those are done I'll move on to the rear skirts. Wont be much left other than small things and I think it'll be on the road much sooner than anticipated. Just need to decide if I am going to keep the C-4 or covert to some type of manual?

Anyhow, I felt like an update was due so here it is!

Pictures to follow.

Cheers

Nemi

OP
OP
N

Nemisus

Loc.
North Bay, CA
Update:

I can't remember pictures I had here so I am just removing this post. For some reason when I try and delete nothing happens.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nemisus

Loc.
North Bay, CA
UPDATE:

Just for fun here is a picture of the Centech harness. I didn't completely unpack it as I am no where near ready to start installing it. From what I've see so far the quality with this harness is very good. Just looking at it is giving me some motivation to move along as I am eager to install it.

Anyhow, here it is:

attachment.php

Cheers an thanks for looking

Attachments

• 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Aliracer

Loc.
Iowa
Looks like you are making some good progress. All the time and money will be worth it when you are cruising down the road... This Eb is going to look great and turn heads :eek:

OP
OP
N

Nemisus

Loc.
North Bay, CA
Thanks Aliracer! Was really looking forward to working on it this weekend, but it has been steadily raining without any break in sight.

At any rate appreciate the feedback.

OP
OP
N

Nemisus

Loc.
North Bay, CA
UPDATE:

Got a break in the rain today... although it did down pour and hail towards the end. Not much work was done but I can say I removed most of the rot from the driver side. It was quick and easy compared to the passenger side.

I'll let the few pictures I took speak for themselves. With any luck in a few days I'll get more clear sky's over the weekend and get some welding in have have the floor back in.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Short and sweet.

Wish I had more to report but for that about does it.

Thanks for checking back in.

Cheers

Attachments

• 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Looks like a really good start! Good Luck with the build and remember that alot of these beauties that you see on these pages started out looking similar to yours or worse! Just shows you what can be done with these rigs. There really are not any limits as to what can be built! Best of luck with the build!

Bferrari

I got hit pretty hard with the hail driving up to Sac! Was pretty crazy. Looks like you are making some good progress. Make sure to treat any rust with something like rust mort or ospho before putting your new panels in (in case you aren't already doing it);). Also, you may want to use a weld through primer prior to welding them in. Any safeguard is good to keep the rust away! Keep kickin ass on that thing!

OP
OP
N

Nemisus

Loc.
North Bay, CA
Looks like a really good start! Good Luck with the build and remember that alot of these beauties that you see on these pages started out looking similar to yours or worse! Just shows you what can be done with these rigs. There really are not any limits as to what can be built! Best of luck with the build!

Thank you broncoitis,

Several of the builds on this site have certainly inspired. While this is my first attempt at anything of this caliber I can only try and learn. There are bound to be mistakes along the way but as long as I am having fun and correcting the wrongs with rights the end results should be something fantastic.

I got hit pretty hard with the hail driving up to Sac! Was pretty crazy. Looks like you are making some good progress. Make sure to treat any rust with something like rust mort or ospho before putting your new panels in (in case you aren't already doing it);). Also, you may want to use a weld through primer prior to welding them in. Any safeguard is good to keep the rust away! Keep kickin ass on that thing!

Yesterdays weather was a trip to say the least! I'll take as little time with the bronco as possible though.

I've been good about treating where possible but I know I could do better. I get going along and lose track of things. I guess on a strange positive note if things start to rust again I'll be rather intimate with how things come apart and go together I'll just be able to do it all over again... %) Lets hope that doesn't happen!

Its doubtful but I'd like this thing to be under its own power by the time TBP has its next round up. Not sure when that even is but I went to their last event and had such a good time. I've got family just on the CA side of the OR boarder so its a good excuse to visit.

Anyhow, thinking about calling Duff's today and getting a shipping quote on some suspension stuff. I know I can't go wrong with WH or TBP but I've got history with DUFF and have always enjoyed their quality. At least I've got options!

Cheers and thanks :cool:

OP
OP
N

Nemisus

Loc.
North Bay, CA
UPDATE: Passenger floor and rocker repair.

Well since photobucket went and did their thing I figured it was time to do something about the lack of photo's in this thread. Not sure what is what so I figured I pick up where I last worked on the bronco. I believe these are the last bit of progress pictures I showed off. I really can't remember if I showed them or not.

Going based off what I see above I feel like I have. I really should clean up this thread so its not so confusing...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I am sure I've got a lot to learn but this is the end result. Now I need to move over to the driver side. The front post isn't rotted out like the pass side to I'll leave it alone but the rocker and floors will be getting replaced.

attachment.php

Thank you for viewing.

Since this update I have sitting in my living room a complete front power disc brake conversion, 2" Duff body lift with bushing kit, and Centech Wiring Harness. Parts keep piling up so I certainly have things to do.

Attachments

• 20161222_105508.jpg
    20161222_105508.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 20161222_110218.jpg
    20161222_110218.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 20161230_145305.jpg
    20161230_145305.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 110
  • 20161220_144833.jpg
    20161220_144833.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 20161220_144810.jpg
    20161220_144810.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 20161220_083655.jpg
    20161220_083655.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 20161218_152407.jpg
    20161218_152407.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 20161222_112525.jpg
    20161222_112525.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 111
  • 20161230_151602.jpg
    20161230_151602.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 112
  • 20161224_151853.jpg
    20161224_151853.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 113
OP
OP
N

Nemisus

Loc.
North Bay, CA
Thanks sprdv1!

I still need to get the drivers side done and that'll do it for the floors. I am a few weeks away from a knee surgery so I'll be home for some time. Maybe I'll get some Bronco time in during my recovery... : )

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Yeah you probably can.. they want you up and walking fairly soon after that type of surgery to get it active. Unlike an arm one where it's in a damn sling for weeks.

Good luck!

OP
OP
N

Nemisus

Loc.
North Bay, CA
UPDATE: Removed Rear Quarter's

Decided it was time for an update. Got around to removing some metal yesterday. Both quarters and the drivers rocker which was squashed have now been taken out.

I do have a fair amount of clean up on the rocker area as I am also putting in a new floor piece.

Here are the progress pictures:

attachment.php

attachment.php

It isn't much, but at least I am working on it. Looking forward to next Saturday to see what kind of neat ideas I can come up with from the WH Swap meet.

Cheers and thanks for looking.

Nemi,

Attachments

• 87.jpg
    87.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 88.jpg
    88.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 109
OP
OP
N

Nemisus

Loc.
North Bay, CA
Nemi, did you cut those quarters out or did you grind all the spot welds??%)%)%)

I cut the quarters, leaving the spots welds for me to grind off. A bit more work in the end but since I am new at this I didn't know the best approach. With the quarter out of the way I can see what where the welds are at.

Thoughts and constructive criticism is welcome.