• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer Engine and Trany

bsquared

Contributor
Hey Chuck,
I forgot to add....the intake tube is a 3" from siliconeintakes.com. The elbow is a 60 deg 3.25 x 3.00 and the adapter for the MAF is a straight reducer 3.25 x 3.00. Also, get the T-Clamps they have and you'll be golden! I drilled out a spot for my IAT sensor and used a grommet and some high temp silicone to seal it up. Cheers, B2

OP
OP
J

jblood79

Loc.
Tulsa
Update 9/24/18

Engine and transmission are removed from Explorer and fit up in the Bronco. I used an adapter and kept the Bronco transfer case. Moved the transmission mount back about 1.5 inch.

Note: I am using a Bronco design FG body. Automatic, AC, power steering and cruise control.

Questions:

1) The intake is hitting the hood without a body lift. Are there any option other than a 2 inch body lift?

2) The body radiator mount is hitting the steering box without body lift. Other options?

3) What is the best option for radiator and AC condenser? Open to buying new radiator...

4) Do I need to keep the intermediate knuckle on the driveshaft?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts, opinions and furnished wisdom.

JB

See pictures here.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/191p_plTZ7eSnTOZtjO9dJObyPaL6bHv-?usp=sharing