• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WH 2.5 lift

captgriz

Loc.
islamorada florida
looking for help on how my bronco will sit with a WH 2.5 lift. i will not have a top on this bronco but will have rear seat. i want the bronco to sit level or just a touch lower in rear. i received all sorts of different answers from WH people on how many and what leafs to take out of rear springs. if anyone has any input on how to get my bronco to sit this way, i would really appreciate your thoughts.

griz

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
What is the state of the Bronco at this point? Is the lift installed? Pics? If it is installed has it been driven around or brand new? From where it sits not how much do you want to bring it down?

Jim

OP
OP
C

captgriz

Loc.
islamorada florida
the lift is on and its brand new. there is not a body on the frame yet so no weight on springs. the body is uncut. so was hoping someone has done same lift wanting same results.
thank yoiu.

griz

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry you seem to have gotten different answers from different WH folks. We're supposed to be on the same page (and usually are!) on stuff like this.
But Jim will give the straight dope when all the details are put together.

Obviously this is just for the future though, as nothing is going to sit where it's going to sit as long as the Bronco is just a frame and no body. But I will add too that there is very little, to zero likelihood your truck will sit low in the rear they way you will have it set up (no hard top). Not at least without removing some leaves.
Brand new it usually sits high in the rear anyway. With less weight it could sit even higher.

Paul

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Funny.

You wanted the best
You got the best.

The two best early Bronco tech people on the planet are helping you Griz.
Sometimes you just get lucky in life.

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
All of our answers about how a rig is going to sit including and especially mine are going to be a guess. An educated guess but a guess none the less. Based on the info you have provided and to make sure I understand what you want to end up with is a Bronco that sits a little lower in the rear? I think I have that right. If so my suggestion is remove the third leaf from the top and the bottom one. That's my guess. Should get you in the neighborhood.

Keep them in the garage and add them back in later if necessary. The Bronco needs to be driven a bit just to settle into it's "normal" position.

Jim

OP
OP
C

captgriz

Loc.
islamorada florida
yes level or just a touch lower in back. i figured it would need to be driven for awhile for it to settle in. i have the other leafs to put back if need be. i thank you all for your input.

griz

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I'll chime in as I've been here before on the WH 2.5 w/ no hard top

As mentioned above, I also pulled out the 3rd leaf. Very easy to do if you do it before you put on the truck. I also took out the last 2 leafs which are very easy to remove / reinstall after the fact. I think this gave me about a - 1.75 and I was right in the range of where you want to be.

OP
OP
C

captgriz

Loc.
islamorada florida
BGB i see your bronco sits level. i think those are the leafs i have taken out already. if mine sits like yours i'll be happy. thank you for your input.

griz