• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stereo install in center console

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I recently ordered a single CD stereo to mount in a box between the seats. Upon reading the install details (I surprise myself sometimes) it states not to mount the unit at anything greater than a 30° angle.

How is everyone getting away with mounting their stereos vertical? which is what I planned to do with mine.

Thanks

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
the only reason they say that is because bouncing around will cause the dc to skip, I purchased a stereo that has a usb port on the front and i play all my music using a thumb drive, it also has a auxilary input on front for a ipod.. I have played a few cds and they play just fine.. my stereo is in the tuffy box between the seats.. Does the stereo you ordered have any input ports on the front.. that is the way to go, hundreds of songs on a thumbdrive and i dont half to worry about a cd getting scratched up..

OP
OP
.94 OR

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is a JVC HD radio unit with a jack on the front for an MP3 player. If I'm only going to notice CD skipping if the unit is bouncing around, I can handle that. I was more concerned that the mechanism may stick and the CD wouldn't eject or something.

Thanks.

moe d

Loc.
chicago, il
just mount it at an angle.. not that hard if you have a mitre table saw.. i can send you pics of mine, it turned out well and looks pretty good

zeeman1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle
It's just for the CD's, the stereo will work fine. The CD's will actually play fine, but skip more often if tilted up.