• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Truck Wont Move after Disc Brake upgrade

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I wonder if that is why BC mounted the rotor on the back side of the axle?

What wheels are those? There are a lot of different styles of factory wheels. Any part numbers, date codes?

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I wonder if that is why BC mounted the rotor on the back side of the axle?

What wheels are those? There are a lot of different styles of factory wheels. Any part numbers, date codes?

I'll check tomorrow and report back, gotta bleed the brakes one more time they feel a little soft...

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's not a normal place for a caliper to rub a wheel that I remember. And it does not look like a great place to take too much off of a caliper either. Seems like that's a highly stressed area (I would think anyway, but could be wrong) and so keeping it to a minimum is a good thing!

That wheel looks odd. So much material inside of the 15" rim diameter. That "hub" part has so many bends and contours that take up valuable real estate under there. Not surprised it hit.
What about the fronts? Lot of clearance? Or just a bare minimum?

Got any overall pics of the inside of the wheel?

Thanks

Paul

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
That's not a normal place for a caliper to rub a wheel that I remember. And it does not look like a great place to take too much off of a caliper either. Seems like that's a highly stressed area (I would think anyway, but could be wrong) and so keeping it to a minimum is a good thing!

That wheel looks odd. So much material inside of the 15" rim diameter. That "hub" part has so many bends and contours that take up valuable real estate under there. Not surprised it hit.
What about the fronts? Lot of clearance? Or just a bare minimum?

Got any overall pics of the inside of the wheel?

Thanks

Paul

I believe they came off a 73 bronco they were painted gray if that helps give a clue on the year, the fronts spin freely i'll check when turning the wheel to see if they hit. It looks like a lot but it was primarily the corners of the caliper theres still quite a bit of meat on them...im going to bleed the brakes one more time so i'll get some pics tomorrow.

This was the frame i took them off not the best picture IMG_6415.jpg