• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 seatbelt anchor bracket fabrication howto tips?

4x4steve

does anyone have any 1966 seatbelt anchor bracket fabrication howto tips?

the material seems to be stamped steel, about 5/32" thick, bent at about a 1/2" radius, bent at about 85 degrees.

i went to a welder for the bent material but it came back too thin (1/8") and too sharp of a radius, and bent at 90 degrees. with that, i decided it was time to start fresh from scratch, only the welding shop is the only way forward that i have been able to come up with so far.

thanks for any help!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I've got a set laying in the shop I can get you some pics and measurements if you need.

mimmonen

Contributor
Don't know if this will help, but I just bought brackets today from Summit Racing for my 67 U14. Allstar Performance part #98121

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You have a different number by any chance mimmonen? That one does not compute on the Summit site for me.

For mine I just used 1/4" plate steel with a hole drilled, a nut tack welded and then the nut used as a guide to tap the hole in the plate so that the threads are the full thickness.
Tack welded the plates in place for both the seat bolts (moved seats rearward) and the new seat belt holes.

Nothing fancy, but worked great.

Paul

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
66' brackets are bent, if 4x4steve is trying to fab something that looks original to a 66'.

OP
OP

4x4steve

Don't know if this will help, but I just bought brackets today from Summit Racing for my 67 U14. Allstar Performance part #98121

(aha, summit racing keyword ALL98121)

that would work but the original part does not look like that and cannot be made from that. thank you anyway.

OP
OP

4x4steve

I've got a set laying in the shop I can get you some pics and measurements if you need.

I already have one pair of 1966 bronco seatbelts for the front. I need to fabricate a pair for the rear, because no one i know of has any for sale.