• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rims

Smedley

Loc.
Snohomish
I have a opportunity to pick up a set of 5x5.5 steel rims for a decent price. They are off a 57 F100, although cannot confirm they are original to this vehicle. Pic attached. Anyway to tell if this will work on my 70 Bronco? Someone has already pointed out that they may not be a matching set. Looking at the two bottom ones, there appears to be differences. I don't want to drive an hour to pick them up if I can't use them.

Thanks
Will

Attachments

• wheels.jpg
    wheels.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 100

Hotrodjohn

Ive been told there are two versions of the oem steel wheels on Broncos. You can see the difference in the little slotted area. That bottom pic looks like the Kelsey Hayes that I have on all mine. Its not that hard to find a decent matching set. I think Melissa at Bronco Hut has some.

Attachments

• IMG_1541.jpg
    IMG_1541.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
Smedley

Smedley

Loc.
Snohomish
Thanks Hotrod. I can get these locally for $75, no shipping so I was hoping could use them. But I can see the difference you are talking about.

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, X2, that is not a matched set. I don't see the nubs to hold the dog dish hub caps on the different one.
They may work fine.
Good luck

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just check the center hole size, unless you know it s off a 4x4