• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OEM Air Cleaner History

Baja71

Bronco Guru
Here's my 1971. Haven't put the 302 sticker on yet.

Attachments

• BajaResto2009-Day24 018.jpg
    BajaResto2009-Day24 018.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 29

66Bronco

1967 Air Cleaners:

67BroncoEngine-vi.jpg

67RedWagon289-vi.jpg

-Terry

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
The 77 had a flat top above the filter by the 302 sticker, it did not dish down.
Here is a picture of a 70 thru 72 air cleaner. There were diferences in the pvc hook up.

My '72 had one just like this.. I threw it away last year.. Oops.. I was transporting my Bronco from Wyo to KY and the shipper would only let me put so many parts inside for transport. Plus I had to put my huge Elk rack in there too. I wish I had kept it now. oh well....

joshm28

Loc.
Jasper, AL
For you guys that have the great looking refurbished air cleaners what was your process from start to finish?

broncojack

Contributor
For you guys that have the great looking refurbished air cleaners what was your process from start to finish?

It is just like doing body work. Bang dents out, skim coat of filler, high build primer, guide coat, sealer and then it is ready for some Ford Blue.

Baja71

Bronco Guru
It is just like doing body work. Bang dents out, skim coat of filler, high build primer, guide coat, sealer and then it is ready for some Ford Blue.

Yeah, that...or take it to the powdercoater! ;D

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I had mine cooked at the machine shop, it came out looking like the day it was made, shot a coat of paint on it, and it looked like new. Cost me about $20, oh the '302' sticker was a few bucks more.