• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Barrett Jackson 2019

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I always wanted to go to Barrett Jackson. Now that we're close, we're going to go attend the circus, I mean show. It may be quick. If too many people, I'm outa there ;D
We have been every year since 2007 and go on Fridays. Its a mad house no matter what day but its very spread out. 4-5 tents outside with the majority of the cars and all the nicer stuff inside.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I see on the supposed high end builders , they post their Broncos for 185k 200 k 210k , does anyone know or ever heard of a person paying 200k for a Bronco or are these all fake numbers to bring up the price? If it was true, then an old stocker running would be 100k and they are not ?? so????? Any help would be appreciated.

Icon is selling a lot of them for $200K plus. That's why every builder is jumping on the band wagon!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
>>> another common thing is every flippin' one skipped fresh air induction for the engine... only engine not pictured was that '76.... went back looked at the last auction & sure enough even with it's factory air cleaner housing setup they left the flex tube section off...
222247_Engine_Web.jpg

If I had a truck from the years that had fresh air induction that still had a stock air filter on it, I would want that too!

Todd Z.

elan

Loc.
s
It's more fun to "Berate Jackson" than it is to fight the crowds

I rather view Gooding and Company.......the Brit is beyond funny.
The cars are incredible.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
The white sport bronco with the 5 spoke torque thrust mags on the front are they Modified to fit the front hub

I've always LOVED the Torque Thrust style wheel. I don't recall ever seeing them on an EB. It's a whole different look here.

OP
OP
Broncobowsher

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I have had friends that had sold vehicles at Barrett Jackson they said never again fees way too high but it’s fun to watch at home

That is why I go early in the week. Preview everything real quick and for the rest of the week I run the TV in the background as filler. Catch a complete piece of junk roll across and go for stupid money, shiny sells.

But the fees are high. I'm looking at the Mecum auction to sell a truck in about a year and the fees are actually respectable. Under half of Barrett.

Ticket prices at Barrett Jackson are also crazy. The weekday spectator early buy ticket is still $30. Friday/Saturday full day tickets, I've bought and sold cars for that kind of money.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
I wonder if the builder had to bore the rims on the 73? I've never seen those on a Bronco before. I'd prefer some 17's.

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
Will you be bidding on that one, Rob?

Todd Z.

I'm gonna think about it, it sure is nice. I have some friends in Scottsdale that could go in person for me. But it's all about $$$$.... I don't place as high a value on things as do others, but every once in a while, I'm surprised at how little some of the vehicles go for. Every once in while, you can snap up a good buy, relatively speaking...lol.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I imagine it will run through the auction before I get there (Friday the 18th) but if not, I'd be happy to check it out for you in person. Alternatively, perhaps hit up broncobowsher as well. He doesn't pull any punches with regards to the true condition of the rigs we see there and he posted he'll be there on Wednesday.

Folks on here usually happy to help a brother out.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
Broncobowsher

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I should have kept the PM from one builder. Years ago there was a POS "built" bronco in the auction. I stated my opinion. The builder kinds cornered me a little and commented that the client was very happy with it. How happy could they have been if the first thing they did was dump it in the auction to get rid of it?

That '73 looks to be a very fresh build. Few things catch my eye, that doesn't look like any Atlas I am aware of. The track bar drop bracket is only bolted on, and it looks like the wrong bolts in the holes, the nyloc on the top bolt doesn't look like it is over the threads. Air bags in the back look too compressed at ride height. Front brake hose looks too long, might get into the front driveshaft if the front end ever compresses. The double stabilizers on the front tie rod, something is amiss with the bushings on the driver's side. Holes in the bracket too small maybe?

I'll try and give the '73 a fine tooth comb treatment, probably not going to have time to do all of them.

OP
OP
Broncobowsher

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I really shouldn't be calling them my opinions.
More like my observations. It is just stuff I see.

I can almost always find household wirenuts holding some wires together somewhere on a Bronco in the auction. Might be the license plate light, might be an electric fuel pump. But that is my hunt/inside joke on the Broncos of Barrett Jackson. There will be crappy wiring with wire nuts in at least one of them.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
The red '73 looks like Heather Berry's truck.

Todd Z.