• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Whooowoo!!! I bought another 66!!!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Ford fan, I remember when you got your Yellow one, I think I had just joined this site. I thought then how cool it would be to also own a roadster. Both of mine were sent to Atlanta and both were about 80 miles apart the whole 50 years. Both very low mileage, and never traveled far from home. Ford had so many small town dealerships back then I doubt they were sold by the same one. Be sure to look me up at SC.

y'all makin me think hard about going again...

67RT

Bronco Guru
I like it. However, I do see holes in the hood and the floor so I hope more rust does not get uncovered when it is stripped..

OP
OP
T-Bird

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
I like it. However, I do see holes in the hood and the floor so I hope more rust does not get uncovered when it is stripped..

Me too! Good eye, that is basically the only major rust on it. For now I'm going to just get her running, cleaned up, and put the original wheels and hubcaps back on for SC. I will then start to fix the rust, and other issues after that. This roadster is a great example of a survivor.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Me too! Good eye, that is basically the only major rust on it. For now I'm going to just get her running, cleaned up, and put the original wheels and hubcaps back on for SC. I will then start to fix the rust, and other issues after that. This roadster is a great example of a survivor.

Hell yeah... can't beat that for sure

OP
OP
T-Bird

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
finally no rain, and warmer temps, I was able to make the trip back to east Atlanta to load her and bring her home. Took some wheels and new shoes down to help load her. The ones on her were over 37 years old. Blew a wheel cylinder on my Diesel coming back and had to stop a couple of times to add brake fluid,
Got down and back with no bad traffic. I can't wait to start cleaning and fixing!

Attachments

• IMG_3538.jpg
    IMG_3538.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 64

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
finally no rain, and warmer temps, I was able to make the trip back to east Atlanta to load her and bring her home. Took some wheels and new shoes down to help load her. The ones on her were over 37 years old. Blew a wheel cylinder on my Diesel coming back and had to stop a couple of times to add brake fluid,
Got down and back with no bad traffic. I can't wait to start cleaning and fixing!

Going to be a fun project, glad it worked out like it did!!!!! ;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Outstanding... Good luck to ya

elan

Loc.
s
Dang it........this hurts. I sold my bone stock 13 in 2017 due to health as I thought I was going to die. Then, the doctors fixed me and now no 13.

Sometimes I feel like putting a .38 to my head............

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Dang it........this hurts. I sold my bone stock 13 in 2017 due to health as I thought I was going to die. Then, the doctors fixed me and now no 13.

Sometimes I feel like putting a .38 to my head............

We all have regrets.....I’m glad you’re better and still here to miss your U13. May you find one just as nice to add back to the stable.

OP
OP
T-Bird

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
T-Bird, have you started your restoration on this U13 yet? Wanting to see your progress.

I've been working on a 77 ranger, and it has taken up most my time and funds.
I've got the roadster up and running,tagged, insured, and have been enjoying it as is, till the 77 gets done. Here are some pictures from Super Celebration.
56b8df8d-e581-4ea4-83e7-1ac2f507a26f-original.jpg

990c746f-8e24-4d49-806a-bc70240d3ff3-original.jpg

ce249593-8c21-430c-9586-718804ca1a90-original.jpg

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
So classic. Minus the cars in that bottom picture and you’ve got a calendar winner right there. Beautiful.

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
I've been working on a 77 ranger, and it has taken up most my time and funds.
I've got the roadster up and running,tagged, insured, and have been enjoying it as is, till the 77 gets done. Here are some pictures from Super Celebration.
56b8df8d-e581-4ea4-83e7-1ac2f507a26f-original.jpg

990c746f-8e24-4d49-806a-bc70240d3ff3-original.jpg

ce249593-8c21-430c-9586-718804ca1a90-original.jpg

Thanks! She looks great! I figure if I can't find one, I can just look at yours!