• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tire Balancing and sealer?

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
OK, first I do not need to be sold or unsold on sealers or internal balancing. I was researching the use of air soft pellets as a cheap internal balancing agent on the Internet and I found several products that claim to balance as well as seal.

I have 34X10.50X16 LTB SS on my Bronco. It hops around too much to drive much above 60 MPH. I am building this Bronco to be my hunting, fishing, mud rig. I need to be able to make long highway trips and 60 MPH is not acceptable. I have been to several shops to to have the tires spin balanced. Tried the Hunter system that mimics a loaded tire as well. I am going to go with some type of internal balancing. However these products that claim to seal leaks too are interesting because of these sorry mesquite trees here in Texas. The following products claim to do both:

1. PJ1 Balance Plus
2. True Goo Tire Sealant
3. Ride On TPS (Tire Protection System)
4. Bars Tire Stop Leak.

All of these products claim to be easily removable with water. I have run internal balancing before so I know it works. I have also run sealants. The only problem with sealants has been that the vehicle wasn't used much and the tires lasted until they got too old to put on the highway and the sealant hardened in the bottom of the tire.

Any one here in the forum ever used any of these 4 products? Some are comparable in price to the dynabeads.

eds66bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Essex, Vermont
you may want to have them trued up prior to balancing them to make sure they are round. i have yet to see a swamper that was truely round from the factory. i've seen a set of new ltb's that needed about 1/8th inch shaved from the high spot to get them round. the radials seem to be a bit better. my tsl radials were close enough so i added the equal powder balancer to mine and they are smooth on the highway. next set i do i will use the airsoft pellets.. way cheaper.
good luck