• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1974 Bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Customjob

Loc.
Oak Ridge, NJ
Hi guys, I am looking to get rid of this bronco. I have two and just don't have time for both anymore.

The Bronco was used for rock crawling. The body is by no means perfect but it is still solid (drivers and passenger floorboards are not great but can be found easily) Tailgate was welded closed because it kept coming open. Im sure it could be fixed but this was just an easy fix. Custom front and rear bumpers are installed. Front has tow points rear does not.

The truck has a 1974 302 V8 motor that I tore down and fitted with new piston rings and crank bearings. I installed a set of 1987 pistons, heads, and fuel injection from an E150 and used the upper and lower intake manifold from a 1987 mustang. It has long tube hedman headers on it with dual mufflers.

It has power steering. I installed a power brake booster set up from broncograveyard.com an aluminum radiator and an electric fan.

The transmission is a 4 speed NP435 manual transmission commonly installed in these broncos. It has a "granny low" gear and then 3 speeds pretty much. I bolted this trans to a bellhousing from an F150 (I believe it was mid 80's) that uses an external hydraulic slave cylinder. I bolted a matching F150 master cylinder to the firewall.

The transfercase is a dana 20 that has twin sticks so it can be shifted more easily. Also it can be put in front wheel drive, rear wheel drive, or four wheel drive, high or low.

The front and rear differentials both have spartan lockers installed. The front axle housing is a dana 44 with chrome moly axleshafts with spicer ujoints. It has a heavy duty (solid) diff cover on it. It has a disc brake conversion kit on it from broncograveyard.com along with milemarker stainless steel locking hubs (I also have a brand new set of these hubs). The steering has been upgraded to one ton steering using chevy heavy duty tie rod ends and 1 1/2" DOM tubing.

The rear axle housing is a ford 9" (medium bearing) with a 31 spline third member installed with yukon axles.

The wheels are from a 90's bronco and are fit with 33 inch tires. One tire leaks and needs to be replaced. I may have a spare.

Underneath the truck I installed 1/4" thick 2 by 6 rectangular steel rock sliders (tied into the frame) and a belly pan skid (from bcbroncos.com)

Inside the truck i installed a roll cage from wildhorses 4x4 that I welded together and made risers off the rock sliders to the bolt the cage into the truck on the A and B pillars, and then made frame tie ins for the C pillar. The cage can be taken in and out. I have two seats (only a drivers seat is installed) but they should really be tied into the cage or the floors repaired (It should really have racing seats and harnesses). Also inside the truck is an aluminum fuel cell fitted with a fuel pump setup from a Jeep wrangler (YJ) with two walbro pickups (designed to prevent fuel starvation on extreme angles). I also have a fuel pressure gauge in the truck.

I am sure im forgetting something, I have had this truck for a while and have done a lot of work to it. There is not much this truck will shy away from. I have had it on some pretty serious offroad trails and im sure it wants more.

Shoot me an email if you are interested. Sorry I only have various pictures from times I was working on it. If there is more interest I can get more recent and better pictures.

I am looking for around $10,000 for the truck.

Thanks for reading my novel ;)
00Y0Y_7nYpjCz4ZUd_600x450.jpg

00e0e_fHKdBgRmQLj_600x450.jpg

00E0E_4NzuPAMfp5F_600x450.jpg

00R0R_a9jmzqEMXWe_600x450.jpg

00A0A_31K8pj2i4wX_600x450.jpg

00g0g_lLaOHchACLc_600x450.jpg

00m0m_5NPJH2thd8K_600x450.jpg

00V0V_d7VH4RC3mla_600x450.jpg

00p0p_6xzPhhJSL8g_600x450.jpg

00000_8cH7yNqzbQY_600x450.jpg

00t0t_4Sm56dnkd2i_600x450.jpg