• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

GA 1971 Bronco BARN FIND

Status
Not open for further replies.

maximus35

Hey guys i decided to sell my beloved project and thought this might be a good place to start, I bought this bronco from the original owners grandson, where it had been sitting since 1981. This is a completely all original bronco with 63000 original miles, in solid shape. The front floor pans have been redone the way the factory did them, they were spot welded and then seam sealed to keep out moisture then a protective spray was applied. the rear trunk floor is surprisingly solid, with the only spot being the size of a dime, the tailgate is also very solid with no major holes. both of the rockers are in good shape, the passenger side has a small hole near the front but is overall good. The rear quarters are also solid, with only surface rust, the main spots on the bronco that need attention are the door posts. The engine turns over healthy but i didnt try to get it running because i planned on swapping a 302 in it, overall this is a very restoreable bronco with uncut fenders.
IMG_2639 by maxmccroskey35, on Flickr

IMG_2823 by maxmccroskey35, on Flickr
IMG_2822 by maxmccroskey35, on Flickr
IMG_2824 by maxmccroskey35, on Flickr
IMG_2825 by maxmccroskey35, on Flickr
IMG_2826 by maxmccroskey35, on Flickr
IMG_2827 by maxmccroskey35, on Flickr
IMG_2828 by maxmccroskey35, on Flickr
IMG_2829 by maxmccroskey35, on Flickr
IMG_2830 by maxmccroskey35, on Flickr
IMG_2832 by maxmccroskey35, on Flickr
IMG_2835 by maxmccroskey35, on Flickr
IMG_2836 by maxmccroskey35, on Flickr
IMG_2837 by maxmccroskey35, on Flickr
IMG_2843 by maxmccroskey35, on Flickr
IMG_2701 by maxmccroskey35, on Flickr
IMG_2844 by maxmccroskey35, on Flickr
Untitled by maxmccroskey35, on Flickr
Untitled by maxmccroskey35, on Flickr

Last edited:

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Send over some pics of the door posts you mention needing work. There's a shot here, but possibly too far to gauge.
Also, the passenger front fender/grill/hood: how severe is the damage there? Did it damage the inner section of the front clip?

I'll be driving through ATL in two weeks. How close are you to the Gwinnett County airport?

OP
OP
M

maximus35

Send over some pics of the door posts you mention needing work. There's a shot here, but possibly too far to gauge.
Also, the passenger front fender/grill/hood: how severe is the damage there? Did it damage the inner section of the front clip?

I'll be driving through ATL in two weeks. How close are you to the Gwinnett County airport?
im only 18 mins away from the airport, I updated the post with the pics of the door posts, they arent too bad on the drivers side there is flaky rust around the seam and a little lower, on the passenger side there is some rust around the door bracket but not much else. the passenger front fender is somewhat crunched in the front but i believe it could be saved because it is very solid everywhere else and is pretty straight so i would hate to throw it away and im not sure if its in the pics but the damage did not hurt the front clip it only damaged the headlight area mostly.

01JLH

Actually looks like a 69. 69 had that type marker reflector on the lower fender. 70 and up had the marker lights cut in a few inches below the body line.

OP
OP
M

maximus35

Actually looks like a 69. 69 had that type marker reflector on the lower fender. 70 and up had the marker lights cut in a few inches below the body line.

I'll have to check the vin but y'all could be right, I'm just going by what the grandson said

ClarkKent

I'm in Johns Creek and would love to come look at it. Let me know when is a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.