• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Exhaust Help with Four Link

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
Looking for pics of what others have done for an exhaust system with a rear 4 link. I have W shorties. I had a Magnaflow 2 into 1 2.5 x 3 muffler. Not much room under there now for any muffler. Only have a 1" body lift so not enough room to run the pipe above the frame and mufflers outside of frame. I think I can still do 2 into 1 but I need a smaller muffler. Looking to see what others have done.

GWBronco

You are correct that there is not a lot of room with the frame so narrow and the where the frame link mounts end up. I ran mine 2 into 1 on passenger side then wrapped it behind the T case under the tail shaft then over the driver frame to where the spare gas tank used to be. My muffler is where the tank used to be and dumps in front of the rear driver tire. I have no body lift and my rear axle is 8" back.

68ford

Bronco Guru
I hard them custom made to go around my engine cage thbing and shocks. They were spendy, but noticed more power being they are stepped from 1 5/8 out of the heads up to 1 3/4 about 6inches after. Then they used a true merge collector instead of a normal formed collector. I can not emphasize enough how nice it is not having exhaust between the frame. So much more room and ease of running fuel lines and wiring down the sides of the frame without worrying about heat.

ransil

Bronco Guru
I had an exhaust shop do mine, 2 into 1 muffler is tucked up to the floor on passengers side, exit is tight i had to temove a shock and beat a dent to provide some clearance.
No idea what kind of muffler i told them i want it quiet and it is.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk