• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best carb for 302?

Oatmeal

I ran a Q-Jet on my old 302. Used a modified Holley to Q-Jet manifold 4 hole adapter (upside down) on an early Mustang 4 barrel cast iron manifold. Was the next best thing to EFI......ran at any angle, got great gas mileage, really romped when you got on it and fit under the stock hood with a 4" K&N with plenty of room to spare! Should have put it on my 351:( ---------Hans

joehein

i run an eldelbrock performer intake with a holley 500 cfm 4 barrel with vaccum secondaries on my 71. the only problem i have had with it is that the carb wants a rebuild, other then that it's been perfect. as long as you take the time to learn to tune your carb to your application it will run as good as efi IMO.

jdcone

Loc.
riverside, ca
I just picked up a MotorCraft off an early 80's F150. Can't beat the $28.00 price from the junkyard. Fired right up like NEVER before.

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
I drove my 670cfm HTA equipped bronco x-country w/o issue (351w, edelbrock performer intake, cam, lifters, headers). I really like it. For yours (w/o mods?) the 470cfm would be a nice pic.