• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Efi doesnt work anymore

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You are going to need to start over in listing whats wrong, and what you've done in order to keep this post in order please.

Your very first posts said you do not have a check engine light output, why not?

ransil

Bronco Guru
Track down a 60 pin EEc Iv breakout box, it makes chasing stuff much easier.

did you pull codes? lately?

OP
OP
399strokerEB

399strokerEB

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wasilla, AK
Ok, I'll recap
New parts

Distributor
Coil
O2 sensors
Ecm

Swapped parts

Iac
Mass air sensor
All relays

Fixed

Check engine light circuit
Ground splice in harness

Still getting a code for the mass air low voltage

EFI Guy

Sponsor/Vendor
TheEFIguy@gmail
Loc.
BFE
Have you done a continuity check on pins 50 and 9 to your MAF plug?

OP
OP
399strokerEB

399strokerEB

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wasilla, AK
I haven't, my tester leads aren't that long lol, but I do have 9.7 volts. I did find out my alternator isn't working.

Last edited:

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You should be gettn ~14.0 volts at idle, I know mine stays ~14.2 at idle, and with everything on at idle I have never seen it below 14, this is with the Explorer setup

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Make some longer leads and test the circuit.

So I'm confused, you said 9.7 volts, is that battery unhooked motor off? Is that battery voltage or some other wire voltage? How did you know the alternator was bad, is that the 9.7 you referenced? 12.7, is that with a good alternator, the bad one? Hard to decipher what your writing, sorry.

OP
OP
399strokerEB

399strokerEB

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wasilla, AK
9.7 is to the mass air connector, 12.7 is battery with bad alt. Picked up a new one and installing tonight.

OP
OP
399strokerEB

399strokerEB

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wasilla, AK
I finally found it! A freaking 15amp fuse blew and reconnected. It was allowing a little over 11 volts to everything. Really wish I had a schematic, the iac, mass air, o2 sensors, and alternator all run off the same terminal. My old alternator may be done though, when I swapped it back in the engine died and gave me a code 15 and the engine doesn't seem to run as smooth. Thanks everyone for the help, I will be contacting Ron Francis tomorrow and talking to someone about getting a schematic.