• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Quadrajet people!

73EB

Loc.
Bentonville, Ar
Anyone help me with this Missing linkage? I'm assuming it goes inbetween the two red lines. If someone has a similar set up could you give me a measurement?

72Sport

Bronco Guru
I am not a Qjet people. I do have a couple of carbs and a spare. They have a different config on the side than yours. I would look for the carb part # on the on the DS of the carb under the rear DS screw that holds on the cover. Maybe you can identify the car or truck it came off of. The 2003 Edelbrock Cat has a listing of part #s for trucks. Truck carbs are the most desirable??? Trucks have a different float in them. They don't lean up going up steep hills so they say.

Qjets were installed on most all GM cars and trucks before FI so there is a slim chance you will get any response on the dimension you are after. Good Luck.

Attachments

• IMG_0513.JPG
    IMG_0513.JPG
    246.2 KB · Views: 29

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
HEY I CAN tell you how to make one if you don't find one.
.. The hook that was used to hang exhaust pipes in old parts stores.
Those hooks were high carbon steal. & 1/8 inch I believe.
.. Find the very hard wire. Get 2 good pairs of vice grips. & maybe a vice . Go to bending .
It would sure help if you could see one for a pattern.
... Your 1st bend is one end or the other. It need to be about 1/2 inch 90 degree.
& then a couple more of maybe 30 degree bends & a flat run & then a big past 90 back up top . & another 90 into the CPO. WITH About 1/2 inch tag.
... Then you can tweak it. Then those 2 tag ends .. Take a pair of Lineman Plyers & cut a circle around the rod. You cut a round grove into the rod. As if running a tubing cutter around it. But most tubing cutters won't get up close enough ..
.. Then after you have a grove .. & A SUMBITCH CLIP. What's a Sumbitch clip .. That's that little hairpin clip that when you try to install it goes a flying & your kid catches you saying SUMBITCH.
.................. I MADE A BUNCH OF them when I had my parts store. Work for choke rods to the heat Manifold Rods also.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Like the others above, yours has a different setup than mine. Hopefully the qjetparts guys can help you out.

jckkys

Bronco Guru

72Sport

Bronco Guru
Motoman has written an article on q jets I believe. That is the way he runs his. They also say they like manifolds and adapters that are not open chambers.

Edelbrock makes an adapter that has the q-jet sitting closer to the firewall by about 5 /16" (#2693) to improve fuel distribution so there must be some benefit. The adapter is also open.