• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hydroboost and power sterring

OP
OP
1963hotrod

1963hotrod

Loc.
Oroville
Ok,
Here are some pics, tried to get all the right shots. Again the hydroboost and master cylinder are off of a 96 Mustang, PS pump is the Borgeson 800323, the steering box came with the truck, its an old F100 box, just rebuilt that with new seals etc too...

I just placed an order with Summit Racing for the power steering conversion kit. I had to break it down to individual parts as I wanted the 800323 pump with the duel returns. Had to pay a little more but it should work a lot better than the manual steering. On the hunt for the hydroboost set up now.

OP
OP
1963hotrod

1963hotrod

Loc.
Oroville
Ok,
Here are some pics, tried to get all the right shots. Again the hydroboost and master cylinder are off of a 96 Mustang, PS pump is the Borgeson 800323, the steering box came with the truck, its an old F100 box, just rebuilt that with new seals etc too...

What did you do for the master cylinder pushrod? Do you remember the length it had to be? So how do you like it ? Everyone on here seems to swear by the hydroboost. I can see why, I remember driving my 71 with manual drum brakes and steering. Thanks again!

Last edited:

rjmunson

Loc.
Denver
I followed the lead set by Jesse in his tech article. Essentially you cut the eyelet end off of the short push rod on the hydroboost and then use a die to make it threaded. Do the same on the stock push rod and then thread them together with a coupler. I think I chopped maybe 2" off the stock rod, threaded about an inch of it and then joined it to the hydroboost rod. Jesse bent his to keep it from binding, I did not bend mine as it seemed to actuate the hydroboost fine.

OP
OP
1963hotrod

1963hotrod

Loc.
Oroville
I followed the lead set by Jesse in his tech article. Essentially you cut the eyelet end off of the short push rod on the hydroboost and then use a die to make it threaded. Do the same on the stock push rod and then thread them together with a coupler. I think I chopped maybe 2" off the stock rod, threaded about an inch of it and then joined it to the hydroboost rod. Jesse bent his to keep it from binding, I did not bend mine as it seemed to actuate the hydroboost fine.

Ok Thanks, I may make one. I may use a rod end or something similar.

OP
OP
1963hotrod

1963hotrod

Loc.
Oroville
I ordered a Hydroboost and master cylinder yesterday. I went with a rebuilt HB and new master through Amazon. HB for a 2000 f350 and the dodge diplomat MC like was done on a thread here. Thursday the engine bay and inside of the bronco get prepped for paint . Gathering parts and pieces.