• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ZF 5 speed length

73EB

Loc.
Bentonville, Ar
Anyone know the length of a zf with the tailhousing? I'm currently running a c-6 with a 208/205 doubler. My rear driveshaft is like 22". I can't get rid of the vibration. Running 4 1/2 suspension lift with 2 body. I have a CV shaft up top with the pinion angled in line with the shaft. I would like to have that 5th gear or overdrive for highway use. I would like to keep the doubler if possible because it's so nice to have that low gearing and the ability to engage each axle independently. Does someone make a 4:1 gear set for the 205?

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The only NP205 low gear sets (Lomax) I'm aware of are for the GM NP205, not the Ford units.

AZ69EB

My front & rear shafts were about 28.5" long with ZF & D20. It might be time to upgrade to a Hi9 rear if you're still planning on running a Doubler setup.

Nevadasmith

Loc.
Fallon, Nv
An np435 with with wild horses super crawler kit would get you several inches, and they sell just parts so you could bolt your doubler right to the np 435.

t120r

I have BBF ZFs if you want one measured. As someone already stated, they are a little different than the SBF versions.