• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA Top custom shops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddicon

Looking to build up as sweet of Bronco as I can afford, and looking for a shop to help me out with it. I know I want to do a full frame off restoration... probably a new engine and tranny... And I have some aesthetic ideas in mind... I'm just not sure who are the best shops around... Anyone care to suggest a couple? The high water mark IMO is the new Icon Bronco

http://icon4x4.com/overview/coming-soon

that is one insane ride but a bit out of my price range....

any help or suggestions would be fantastic!

-t

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Welcome to classicbroncos. As for the Icon bronco it is a bad ass machine, but agree with you on the price. ;D You have a PM.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
There are several high quality builders who can build killer rigs for substantially less than the new ICON.

West Coast Broncos is one that comes to mind that is closest to you. They are in Yucca Valley near The Hammers.

There are several other options if you are willing to travel or ship it.

Expect $30K to be the absolute minimum if paying someone for a frame off. That will not include a new engine or too much trick stuff and would pretty much just be a strip, clean and paint and go though all the current mechanicals with some minor upgrades. It also assumes a near rust free body as rust repair adds up quick with panels and labor.

Most quality shop-built custom frame offs seem to cost $60-100K. Some more, some less.

IMO, the best way to go is to find one that has already undergone a *quality* build that gets it 80%+ where you want it. You can tweak and fine tune it to make it your own usually for a lot less money and down time.

Status
Not open for further replies.