• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'89 Crown Vic EFI question

mat1970bronc

Loc.
Kent, WA
I bought a mostly complete '89 CV engine, and am ready to do the install, just wondering though what emissions crap i can take off? I'd like to get to the bare minimum.
Also what can be done for the air pump tube on the back of the heads for clearance issuses with the firewall? TIA, Mike

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
You don't need none of the smog crap...For the tube that goes into the back of the heads, I went to a dealership, and got the inserts to plug up the holes...It's alot easier to do this with the engine out...

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Hmm... For the EGR I simply removed the egr spacer. It did require modifying the throttle bracket though. Air Pump was pulled. Air management solenoids were removed. (Had to pull the plate on the intake to taker them off) I also left the purge cannister off. Whne removing the EGR valve you need to use a set of resistors to send a closed signal back to the ECM. For the rest resistors will turn off the check engine light but they will not effect it when it is running. You will need to keep the ACT, ECT, O2 sensors, MAP sensor, TPS and IAB. I think that covers it but I might have missed something. Check Ryan's site for descriptions of each. http://www.fordfuelinjection.com