• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Unfinished Project...How much is it worth

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There are some folks who love to do mechanical stuff and hate the body work, and others who love the body work and hate the mechanical. There are those few savants that love to do both. You need to fine someone who enjoys doing the body work since it sounds like you have most of the pieces, and it's just a ton of labor at that point. To the right person, that's better than therapy (and probably cheaper too), and won't even tally up in his/her mind at the end of the build as part of the cost. Post up more pictures of the condition of the body and start the waiting game.

If you're in a hurry and can't sit on it for too long, then package deal the thing for $15k to $20k IMO and I have to think someone with the time/money/skillset to finish it will step up and get it. I would be tempted to pull the engine out of the package and push it on Mustang forums...you could still offer it with the EB project for an adder until it sells, but I would think that you will get more interest ($$$) over there, and it might buy you some time to sell the project if you just need money now.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Cortez,

I have NOT purchased the fuel tank, fuel lines, drive shafts, heater box, steering column, serpentine drive belt, water pump, master cylinder, wiring harness, all gauges, audio, steering wheel, wheels and tires, shocks.

I DO have the replacement metal to fix the body, grill, hood, original bumpers, and factory seats

The biggest expense I see is the body and paint. As each of you know, the little items add up too so there is still a long way to go. I do feel like the work that has been completed is top notch and this project would give someone a great head-start and still give them the option to customize. In a perfect world, I would hate to part everything out but I certainly understand the rationale.

Thanks to everyone for their opinions.

the above parts are several thousand dollars, like 3 -5K.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
if i were you, i would consider selling the engine and trans separate. you could pull in a good amount for those two items. then sell the tub and rolling chassis for around 10K. i think you would find that might bring you more money, maybe. Decide what you can live with on price and try to sell it all at once on here. the buyers here will flush out quickly what price they are willing to pay. based on what you have a prospective buyer is looking at another 10k to finish assuming he can do paint and body work. I would put it on here for 20K and see if the market can stand it. be prepared people will ask you to part it out. based on everything said previously, one stop shopping and your done if you can sell the whole project. this forum is fair and honest, well 99.9 percent of us are, so you will be treated fairly on offers. i dont know your situation, but if you admit you are in a bind, expect the offers to be less. Private messages are your friend. I have a solid project, with much more body work done than yours. the market here would not even support 10K for mine. That will not ever happen. i have drive train, with a rebuilt 4r70 and 5.0 engine, with wiring harness, rolling chassis, complete fuel injection with efi guy harness, etc. GLWS, we will help any way we can, including buying discounted parts :) also post pictures of all areas of the tub and we can help you determine a value on it, the condition of the tub is a big deal.

Last edited:

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Boy im lookin for another project and if I had the space this would be a nice start along with all the other misc stuff I have acquired over the years!

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I would have no problem picking up this project bronco. I would try and steal it from you by offering .50 on the dollar. Looks like a good start.