• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Jet Hot Coatings

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Jet hot makes some pretty strong claims and there are other newer coatings. I got a quote for 300 bucks on my stock explorer 5.0 manifolds. my thoughts were, it would be worth it if it kept the engine bay and toe boards cooler? anybody got any real world experience with heat in the engine bay and coatings? i am not interested in after market headers, the manifolds fit great and do what i need them to do.

Last edited:

trekgurl

I had my mess Jet hotted for about 3-4 years now.

Jet hot makes some pretty strong claims and there are new coatings.

(Headers and pipes to mufflers). I can't speak for any of the "new" coatings but I very pleased with what it does. Anything that cuts heats and it looks good,,,,way better than wrapping.

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
We used Jet Hot on several projects and it looks great to start and stays looking great for years. I would use them again. Worth the $$ - it is derived from the process to coat fighter jets exhaust ports. Super hot plus salt water on carriers is enough of a test for me!

I've used the cheaper stuff like comes on the Hedman or Hooker headers and both of those faded and rusted after enough year or exposure to chemicals.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
I've used jet hot coating on side pipes before, I would explain it as a difference between burnt skin and getting very very hot. It made a difference and held for 10+ years.

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
I had a set of used headers that I sent to them about the 1991 timeframe for my 79 F150. When I sold it in 2007 they still looked great! I am planning on getting the ones that are presently on my 77 Bronco sent over to them to do. I really think there is no comparison to others.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
has made some buggies I've built go from shoe and seat melting undrivable to comfortable and last for years.

was that just from the header being coated or did you also get pipe coated?