• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tv cable

Bronc0311

Loc.
Austin
I'm running a 5.0 Efi with aod. Installed winters shifter and trans started acting up. Won't shift properly and requires a high rpm to engage into 1st gear, runs through gears quickly and shifts hard. Tv cable had some janky fab done to the adjustment block on the cable so I pulled a used one from a junkyard. Still shifting hard and still requiring high rpm. Tried all the adjustment info I found on YouTube and mustang forums with no success in fixing my problem. Is there something I'm missing, are these cables notoriously diff to adjust or is a new one my best bet? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

wepuckett

Lokar sells all the parts for that if you call them and tell them what is going on they will be very helpfull and give you all the part numbers so You can price out the best place to buy the parts.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Id say your tv cable is binding or improperly adjusted. You need to set the tv cable by line pressure, you can jerry fab a cheap guage to do this. I run an Art Carr shifter and an AOD and Im usin BC Broncos tv and throttle cable.

When you installed your shift linkage your tv adjustments were changed.