• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Third times a charm v3.0

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Looking at your roll cage, I've noticed you and a lot of people don't connect the cross bars (at the A pillar and C pillar) to the bent part of the tube where it bends from a pillar to horizontal. Are we not supposed to connect tubes to bends? Your build is looking awesome!! Keep up the good work.

Instead of going straight across with the bars I put bends in them so I can have maximum clearance in all directions. I put the bend in the A pillar cross bar to keep it away from my head. It is above the wiper motors and out of the way. The C pillar was done to match the A pillar.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Don’t be afraid of oval tubing, I use it all the time. Although I will say I’ve never bought it, I’ve always used a press for straight areas or hammer and sand bag for bends. Normally you just need it for clearance of an object. I find most of the time it’s to get over a link mount or front driveshaft. I did make some 3” once that was 1” thick for 26” with 3 pie cut bends, took me 2 days to make that short piece of exhaust. The owner thought I was out of my mind, until he saw it done and heard it afterwards:cool:

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Don’t be afraid of oval tubing, I use it all the time. Although I will say I’ve never bought it, I’ve always used a press for straight areas or hammer and sand bag for bends. Normally you just need it for clearance of an object. I find most of the time it’s to get over a link mount or front driveshaft. I did make some 3” once that was 1” thick for 26” with 3 pie cut bends, took me 2 days to make that short piece of exhaust. The owner thought I was out of my mind, until he saw it done and heard it afterwards:cool:

I should just try to make the exhaust myself so I can spend the time on it. I have a local guy that I trust to do the work, but it will never be EXACTLY what I want.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Trans controller is mounted

Attachments

• 7D0BA575-8008-4C57-B571-52D63EB09400.jpg
    7D0BA575-8008-4C57-B571-52D63EB09400.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 03039737-9DFE-4042-8F73-666E7ACD2542.jpg
    03039737-9DFE-4042-8F73-666E7ACD2542.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 113

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Not 100% sure yet. I know they will be mounted in the console within arms reach while strapped in. Probably something simple like this or maybe add a little angle to them so they are even easier to see.

Still thinking of something like this for the switch pro's? Looking great sir.. Certainly a motivator looking at all the great things you have done and continue to do.

I think your Quickshift mounting is the cleanest that I have seen (not to say that someone else don't have a nice install I just haven't seen it "YET").

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
I have a C4 and Atlas and tried crossing the driver's side under the bellhousing at first and ended up crushing it prettty bad when the driveshaft/front axle cycled up. I didn't want to buy fenderwell exit headers, so I made a tight S off the bottom of my short header on the driver's side, up and over the frame with the pipe running between the floor and body mount bracket (2" body lift). It was a ton of work, but the only solution I could find, without spending a lot more money.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Still thinking of something like this for the switch pro's? Looking great sir.. Certainly a motivator looking at all the great things you have done and continue to do.

I think your Quickshift mounting is the cleanest that I have seen (not to say that someone else don't have a nice install I just haven't seen it "YET").

Yes. I am working on the tire carrier right now and then the dash/console will be next. Trying to place everything at arms reach and still have it look decent is going to be challenging...I think.

I think the Quick4 is mounted in a good spot right now. Easy to see and can be easily adjusted if needed. I will mount it in the console in the same area when I get to that point.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I have a C4 and Atlas and tried crossing the driver's side under the bellhousing at first and ended up crushing it prettty bad when the driveshaft/front axle cycled up. I didn't want to buy fenderwell exit headers, so I made a tight S off the bottom of my short header on the driver's side, up and over the frame with the pipe running between the floor and body mount bracket (2" body lift). It was a ton of work, but the only solution I could find, without spending a lot more money.

I removed the nitrogen from the struts so the exhaust could be built at the tightest clearances possible. I think he did an excellent job for what I gave him to work with. It sounds great with the Flowmaster Super HP 2.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Tire carrier is coming together. I will be adding some dimple plates between the "wings" to finish it off.

f3Yregj.jpg

I'm going to try the Speed Shifter from Sand Hollow Offroad :cool:

dZQAXWw.jpg

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I can imagine :D

Good thing the console I built was only temporarily because I need to change it again :eek: I plan to mount the shifter into the console and only have the top of it sticking through.

Attachments

• 519A3E1E-9ECA-464D-89F7-BB56C71759CA.jpg
    519A3E1E-9ECA-464D-89F7-BB56C71759CA.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 90

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Cant wait to see how you mou tthe spare tire carrier. Also recently watched a buggy with the same shifter (and transfer case) shifter/s.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Cant wait to see how you mou tthe spare tire carrier. Also recently watched a buggy with the same shifter (and transfer case) shifter/s.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This is where I’m at now. I have some paper templets where I will be adding aluminum plate with some dimples. The large area in the middle on the bottom will have an aluminum plate in there and will also have the license plate, license plate light and recessed backup light.

Attachments

• 7150A293-4AA6-4989-8129-60CDE5024038.jpg
    7150A293-4AA6-4989-8129-60CDE5024038.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 3069BC00-F14B-4694-A25F-804E1F13971B.jpg
    3069BC00-F14B-4694-A25F-804E1F13971B.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 82