• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Long Add-A-Leafs

Ol Mule

Does anyone know if any of the vendors sell a full length add-a-leaf? I have called a few and searched their websites with no luck. I currently have the Duff 10 leaf pack from 2004 and they ride good but are squished with the weight of all my additional stuff....

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Both Duff and WH offer a long/good riding add a leaf "and" an economical short add a leaf.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Unless we've found a new one, we no longer have our long leaf.
Yes, the add-a-leaf kit for the 3.5" springs is longer than the, well, shorter one, it's still not the same as we used to offer.

It might still get you where you need to go though Ol Mule, without killing your ride. But you were right to question this, as length can be pretty important.
The other issue you might run into when ordering a single leaf to fit a particular pack, is that the way the different manufacturers design and build the springs might put the new leaf in contact with a rivet head, or clamp area, when you really don't want it in those areas.
You "can" install them this way, but that's not optimal. The better method would be to find the location where they are closest to the proper progressive length, then cut an end or two off to let them sit flush with the adjacent springs. Smoothing and even tapering the ends is a best practice too.

What makes this all so difficult to achieve (sometimes) is that most of our 9, 10 and 11 leaf packs do not leave much length variation between one leaf and the adjacent leaves above and below it.

I'm sure someone can get you an exact measurement of their leaves though, and you can use that measurement to see if they will fit into your pack in a smoothly progressive transition.

Paul

OP
OP
Ol Mule

Ol Mule

Thanks guys... I called Duffs yesterday and the gentleman answering the phones told me the add-a-leaf they offer is the short economical 3 1/2" lift spring. He couldn't find any other add-a-leaf spring in the computer system.... Perhaps Monster Mike knows Otherwise?! Or someone knows of another place to get a long spring?

and I failed to mention that my current springs are the 3 1/2".

Thank you again!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thanks guys... I called Duffs yesterday and the gentleman answering the phones told me the add-a-leaf they offer is the short economical 3 1/2" lift spring. He couldn't find any other add-a-leaf spring in the computer system.... Perhaps Monster Mike knows Otherwise?! Or someone knows of another place to get a long spring?

and I failed to mention that my current springs are the 3 1/2".

Thank you again!

Hit mike up, or give them a call They'll hook you up

68ford

Bronco Guru
Ask duff if they can get you individual springs from their vendors for your leaf pack. 3rd one down, longest without an eye. Throw it in and try it.

charlie6976

Loc.
Grand Coulee WA
Does anyone know if any of the vendors sell a full length add-a-leaf? I have called a few and searched their websites with no luck. I currently have the Duff 10 leaf pack from 2004 and they ride good but are squished with the weight of all my additional stuff....

...why not call Deaver Springs?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ol Mule

Ol Mule

I will try calling Duff's first to see if they can get me the spring and go from there and if they can't I will try Deaver. I will post the results...

Thanks again guys for the replies.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hmm. Makes me think we should have a central clearing house location (kind of an "Amazon" type thing?%)) where everyone sends their old leaf packs instead of tossing them or recycling them.
That way we can rob them of some of their leaves for later use as add-a-leaves!

No more searching, or custom made stuff. Just pull one out and use it.
Now, where could we have that warehouse...;D

Paul

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
there is a driveline and spring shop here in the twin cities. They do alot of trucks and commercial vehicles. Thats where we go to get long add a leafs and hardware. there leafs usually have to be cut down to fit your application but as long as i ask for a certain width they have it.

jduffent

Sponsor/Vendor
We've still got a few hiding in the back. Honestly, the guys may not even remember if they've even had anyone ask. Give them a call and ask for 007-5556 They were exactly for what you're doing-- from when we went from 10 to 11 leaf for the weight capacity. $79 for the pair.

Suzy

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
We've still got a few hiding in the back. Honestly, the guys may not even remember if they've even had anyone ask. Give them a call and ask for 007-5556 They were exactly for what you're doing-- from when we went from 10 to 11 leaf for the weight capacity. $79 for the pair.

Suzy

Now that is "real" customer service from the best in the business.