• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tire Carrier mystery part

vtboy51

I bought a used carrier from a member last year, and I'm finally getting around to cleaning it up to install. I found this part (see pic) but I don't know where it goes. I looked at some diagrams online and it's not listed, any guesses?

Attachments

• tirecarrier_1.jpg
    tirecarrier_1.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 75
  • tirecarrier_2.jpg
    tirecarrier_2.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 64
  • tirecarrier_3.jpg
    tirecarrier_3.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 65

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Wait.... I know what that is. It mounts at the bottom of the carrier to mount the rear reflector on.

292df30b2b30b65917c66e14c590e4af.jpg

redfishtony

Loc.
Thomasville GA
Seems like mine has something like that on the passenger side that allows the tire carrier to hook on the side of the truck rather than on the tailgate.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Seems like mine has something like that on the passenger side that allows the tire carrier to hook on the side of the truck rather than on the tailgate.

That would be the elusive “ranch-hand”. Pretty rare from what I hear. That’s what I thought this was when I first saw the picture but this part is a lot smaller and thinner.

Last edited: