• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1969 U15 Sport Build

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm excited that I am close to getting to the assembly stage! Paint should be complete within a week or so once the others parts are done.

Then to LineX for the Interior Tub in body color and the Inner Fender wells in Black.

Then back to my shop for final assembly. All other parts are prepped and ready to install.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The Tub pictured above will go on this, hopefully in the next couple weeks.

Attachments

• 69 Bronco - Rolling Chassis 1.jpg
    69 Bronco - Rolling Chassis 1.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 69 Bronco - Rolling Chassis 2.jpg
    69 Bronco - Rolling Chassis 2.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 69 Bronco - Rolling Chassis 3.jpg
    69 Bronco - Rolling Chassis 3.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 135
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Paul - Thanks, it's a nice contrast and interesting look. The first one I did like this was a VERY nice 66 Roadster that Nick did for me about 10 years ago. Have stuck with the look since.

The Red Oxide Epoxy does look good with most body colors. The next one (77) will be Silver and should be even better.

I got an appointment end of next week at LineX to do the interior tub body color (Gobi) and the inner fenders Black.

Everything else should be painted and ready for final assembly on the Rolling Chassis once back from LineX.

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Very nice.. Looks really good

Here are some pictures of the 69 Bronco progress. Red Oxide Epoxy Bottom and Jeep Gobi Paint. The Gobi paint looks like a Darker Pebble Beige. It's actually darker in person than what's pictured.

I really like the Red Oxide on the bottom. The Black frame, Stainless Lines and Aluminum exhaust will "Pop" when you look underneath.

I should have the Tub back on the rolling chassis next week.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here's the latest from the Tub getting painted. More Gobi paint.

Attachments

• 69 Bronco - Gobi.jpg
    69 Bronco - Gobi.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 69 Bronco - Gobi 2.jpg
    69 Bronco - Gobi 2.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 69 Bronco - Gobi 3.jpg
    69 Bronco - Gobi 3.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 69 Bronco - Gobi 4.jpg
    69 Bronco - Gobi 4.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 93
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A Body Shop is never as fast as you would like, but all of the body panels were painted yesterday and today.

The Tub should be done at LineX tomorrow and back on the Rolling Chassis by end of week.... Hopefully.

Attachments

• 69 Bronco - Gobi Hood.jpg
    69 Bronco - Gobi Hood.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 69 Bronco - Gobi Fender.jpg
    69 Bronco - Gobi Fender.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 92
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just picked up the Tub from LineX this afternoon. Tub will then go back on Rolling Chassis tomorrow for body assembly.

It will start to look like a Bronco again soon.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got the Body on the Rolling chassis this afternoon. Looks Great and I don't think we scratched anything??? The rest of the body will be installed next week.

Attachments

• 69 Bronco - Body On.jpg
    69 Bronco - Body On.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 69 Bronco - Engine Compartment 2.jpg
    69 Bronco - Engine Compartment 2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 69 Bronco - Engine Compartment.jpg
    69 Bronco - Engine Compartment.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 137
  • 69 Bronco - LineX 2.jpg
    69 Bronco - LineX 2.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 123
  • 69 bronco - LineX.jpg
    69 bronco - LineX.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 127
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My body Shop man has had some family issues to take care. Father passed away. So, he has very little time the past couple weeks.

But, here she is as of today. Still keeping the Sport option with the Argent grill, but body color is the new Jeep Wrangler color - Gobi. Once the rest of the emblems and chrome are installed it will look sweet. Love the color more and more.

I can't wait to get her back and get finished.

Attachments

• 69 Bronco - Body Grill.jpg
    69 Bronco - Body Grill.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 150
  • 69 Bronco - Body Driver's Side.jpg
    69 Bronco - Body Driver's Side.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Stunning! I've been hoping to see more of the three newer Jeep colors on Broncos.
I forget what it's called, but along with Gobi there is a slate blue/gray color that I think would look fantastic on an EB.
Not to mention a couple of the new Fiat colors as well.

Yours is perfect. The silver/Argent grille is perfect too. Would look fine with white I believe, but silver just sets it off.
You going to run the chrome trim too, or keep that stuff to a minimum? I think it would look good either way, but curious which way you're leaning.

Sorry your shop guy's had some bad times lately. Maybe yours and other projects will be there when he gets back to keep his mind on other things instead.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
My body Shop man has had some family issues to take care. Father passed away. So, he has very little time the past couple weeks.

But, here she is as of today. Still keeping the Sport option with the Argent grill, but body color is the new Jeep Wrangler color - Gobi. Once the rest of the emblems and chrome are installed it will look sweet. Love the color more and more.

I can't wait to get her back and get finished.

Looks great brother.. Hard to be patient isn't it lol

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks guys.

Paul - I will install all the window and door trim as it came from the factory with the Sport Option. Sport Badges, Chrome Bumpers, Lower Side Reflectors (68-69) and 302 Badges (69-71) will all be installed too.

I wanted to also go with the original Parchment with a Satin finish for the Dash and Door panels, but it may be too close to the Gobi. I may go Wimbledon white instead.

Interesting that this 69 Sport came with the standard Metal door panels and not Vinyl with chrome trim. It had the Parchment Floor Matt though.

"Anvil" might be the Jeep Gray color you mentioned.

Fiat, Subaru and Toyota have similar looking colors.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks - When it is done, I'll give you a call.

The seats, flooring and everything else are in my shop waiting. Hopefully it will be done at the Body Shop soon. I have been assembling the doors and tailgate to speed up the process.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've kinda thrown a curve ball in my plans for this Bronco. (nothing big deal really) It has been prepped for a Soft Top, which I have. But, it did come from the factory with an Original Bulk Head.

So, I am going to put an Original, Steel, Half Cab Top (Wimbledon White) on it and also add a Factory Tire Carrier on the rear. This is actually my favorite look for an Early Bronco. The Bronco will still look factory with Bronco parts. Only the VIN and Marti Report will tell the difference.

I'll keep you posted on how it turns out.

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
I've kinda thrown a curve ball in my plans for this Bronco. (nothing big deal really) It has been prepped for a Soft Top, which I have. But, it did come from the factory with an Original Bulk Head.

So, I am going to put an Original, Steel, Half Cab Top (Wimbledon White) on it and also add a Factory Tire Carrier on the rear. This is actually my favorite look for an Early Bronco. The Bronco will still look factory with Bronco parts. Only the VIN and Marti Report will tell the difference.

I'll keep you posted on how it turns out.

I think this is a great idea it's going to look great!

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks, I think so too. It's been awhile since I've had a Half Cab.

Looking forward to it.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've decided to go with the Holley Sniper Throttle Body EFI instead of the FiTech.

There have been too many issues with some of the FiTechs in the past. I have had good luck with the FiTech only to say that you have to ground the system well and keep the battery at full charge because the FiTech seems to be very low voltage sensitive.

So, I will try the Sniper for this build. I just got it in today and side by side with the fiTech they are very similar. I will also use the timing control option with a Locked-Out MSD.

We'll see how it goes.