• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Coyote Engine - Parts List and Info For Install

STalon89

What are you guys thinking for exhaust on your coyote builds? I havent done a ton of research on what might be best for this setup. The last thing Id want is to invest all this money and have it sound shitty.

Nickm1024cobra

Loc.
Chicago Burbs
What are you guys thinking for exhaust on your coyote builds? I havent done a ton of research on what might be best for this setup. The last thing Id want is to invest all this money and have it sound shitty.

Undecided
May do a 2 into 1 exiting behind rear tire

Got real close last night to firing.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'll do the same exhaust as my other's with a 351w.

Modified Mustang Headers - 2-into-1 with 2 1/2" pipe into one Gibson muffler with 3" Tail at stock location.

Hemmer

This is the list I have so far let me know what you think any suggestions or comments are appreciated
Coyote list
Engine m-6007-m50A
Ford control pack m-6017-m50a
Ford exhaust manifold m-9430-sr50a
Fly wheel m-g357-a50c
Mini starter m-11000-c50
Bc SERP kit
Bc motor mounts
Bc atlas to 6r80 adapter
6r80 from eBay
I have a fuel system from my old 5.0 set up
I have a radiator but not sure it will work
I’ll need a trans cooler also

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hemmer - I did not go the Crate Motor route, but I believe that Crate Engine is for a Manual transmission. You want the 6007-M50AAUTO that, I assume, will come with the Automatic Transmission Engine Harness. Check with Ford to see what else comes on the crate - It may already have a Flexplate for the transmission included. Confirm with Ford which crate motor has the Correct Engine Harness that will work with the 6R80.

That is the correct Control Pack for the 6R80 Automatic ONLY. This Control Pack will not work with any other transmissions.

I am told the Ford Exhaust Manifolds will not work for the Early Bronco. BC Headers, Modified Mustang Manifolds.

You will need a Flaxplate (Auto) not a Flywheel (Manual). Again, it may be already on the Crate Motor.

Angled Oil Filter Adaptor or Filter Relocation kit is needed to clear frame. The stock Oil filter housing will have to be removed from Crate Motor.

BC Coyote parts are proven to work in the Early Bronco. Recommended.

Your current fuel system should work if in proper working condition. Maybe some new fittings needed.

A radiator with a steam port is best for the Coyote. The Coyote engine has an additional coolant line (Steam Port) on the Driver's side top of the motor.

Trans cooler is recommended as well.

Others may chime in with additional info.

Hemmer

I looked you are right about the engine. So the engine comes with one manifold can I buy the other one for the mustang and modify it? Also what oil filter relocation kit is good? I know bc has one but it’s 200 bucks. Also does anyone know if we can use a radiator out of a mustang or some other car? Maybe something a little cheaper than what bc offeres?
Thanks again for the info.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep, you can get another manifold out of a Mustang and get them both modified.

I have the BC angled Oil Bracket - Again, I know it works and fits. It also has a spot for the Oil Pressure Sender for stock Gauges if you go that route.

You will have to ask others if the Mustang Radiator has a chance to fit. The other hose locations in stock form went to the overflow tank on the Mustang. Still need the extra port on the Radiator.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What Starter fits? The Typical Coyote starter solenoid hits the frame. Is there a "Clockable" one available?

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Jason at BC has them done. The one side has the large can resinator on it that is cut off. I think both are then bent to clear frame.

Nickm1024cobra

Loc.
Chicago Burbs
Yep, you can get another manifold out of a Mustang and get them both modified.

I have the BC angled Oil Bracket - Again, I know it works and fits. It also has a spot for the Oil Pressure Sender for stock Gauges if you go that route.

You will have to ask others if the Mustang Radiator has a chance to fit. The other hose locations in stock form went to the overflow tank on the Mustang. Still need the extra port on the Radiator.

You don't need to use that port. Cap it off and be done.
Mustang radiator. No chance on fitting.

Nickm1024cobra

Loc.
Chicago Burbs
What Starter fits? The Typical Coyote starter solenoid hits the frame. Is there a "Clockable" one available?

My coyote starter fits. I also used krawlers edge motor mounts. All this information is great, but i can tell you first hand from multiple coyote swaps in different vehicles. Every vehicle (even bronco to bronco is different). This motor is so damn big that every small change requires custom setup. Example....your motor is tilted forward depending on what crossmember used. You may or may not fit an alternator in stock location. 2011-14 alternator is smaller than gen 2 15+. You use bc broncos motor mounts, you may not fit a stock starter. 17+ starter is smaller and is option. There is no way to make a list that will work for everyone. Coyote in a bronco is far from a lego set where you bolt stuff up. Theres a reason some vendors have not moved into the coyote space quickly.

You need to do a ton of research on the generations of motors, the trans you want to use. And then look at what electrical harness's are available. Also research front timing covers. Mustang, f150, 11-14, 15+. They all have changes. Nice list but far from accurate depending on what people are using.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is my first Coyote install as well.

As stated in Post#1 every Early Bronco is different.

The list of parts that work are only from my research and what others have contributed. By NO means the only way to go, or complete. Just trying to help others that might try this Coyote Install in the future.

Nickm1024cobra

Loc.
Chicago Burbs
This is my first Coyote install as well.

As stated in Post#1 every Early Bronco is different.

The list of parts that work are only from my research and what others have contributed. By NO means the only way to go, or complete. Just trying to help others that might try this Coyote Install in the future.

Right on man. Im sure anyone that puts a coyote build on the net will help others for sure. Ton of variables right now.

STalon89

I am running the motor mounts from BC and I used the ford high torque mini starter. It fits perfectly. Nick is right, so many variables. I got some of my parts from different vendors, and it kind of bit me in the ass. I would go 100% with one vendor, as they have done all of the troubleshooting, and should offer you tech support given you hit snags, and you will.
What Ive learned.
BC seems to be the furthest along with coyote swaps, with support and parts available.
Tumblin is a good second to them, but I didnt want to cut up my frame, so I didnt go that route. I did get my headers, 6r80 adapter, computer and a few smaller items from Van, and Im very pleased with quality.

Hemmer

Who’s van?

I am running the motor mounts from BC and I used the ford high torque mini starter. It fits perfectly. Nick is right, so many variables. I got some of my parts from different vendors, and it kind of bit me in the ass. I would go 100% with one vendor, as they have done all of the troubleshooting, and should offer you tech support given you hit snags, and you will.
What Ive learned.
BC seems to be the furthest along with coyote swaps, with support and parts available.
Tumblin is a good second to them, but I didnt want to cut up my frame, so I didnt go that route. I did get my headers, 6r80 adapter, computer and a few smaller items from Van, and Im very pleased with quality.

Who’s van?