• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

73 Frame Off "Clear Coat and an Engine"

OP
OP
C

callmemarsh

GETTING CREATIVE WITH SUSPENSION REMOVAL
Unfortunately I was limited on space and tools (mainly jack stands) which made the suspension removal a blast

Last edited:

Jamie Chriss

I am where you are right now! I spent the whole month trying to save my bed and upper quarter panels, honestly it was a grand waste of time. I just ordered all new metal for the back end.

OP
OP
C

callmemarsh

I am where you are right now! I spent the whole month trying to save my bed and upper quarter panels, honestly it was a grand waste of time. I just ordered all new metal for the back end.

haha, I second that 100%

Here are some more pics!

FRAME REPAIR The rear frame rails had quite a few rust spots. Here are a few repairs. Nothing like burning some steel, am I right?

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

callmemarsh

THE GREAT BODY MOUNT EFF UP I decided to locate the new body mount holes using the bed pan cross member and rear floor pan. Unfortunately, that was the wrong way to do it. Back to the drawing board.

Last edited:

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Doing a great job especially on a Bronco that just needs a clear coat. Must be some type of clear coat.

OP
OP
C

callmemarsh

Doing a great job especially on a Bronco that just needs a clear coat. Must be some type of clear coat.

The funny thing is I don't even own a spray gun...yet ;D

SETTING DOOR POSTS: This has literally been the bane of my existence the past 2 months. After measuring, fitting, tacking, cutting apart, repeat at least 100 times I had to go back to the drawing board. Who would have thought a little internet research for some measurements would be so helpful! haha. I also realized that the Dynacorn floor pan was really tweaked on the driver side where the striker post mounts. I'm not sure if that happened during production or shipping. It's starting to come together though!

PSA: If you're doing this, do yourself a favor and invest in the removable door hinges. I have taken the doors on and off no joke at least 500 times. Since I'm mostly doing this by myself, I probably would have given up a long time ago without them! lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

callmemarsh

BEFORE FIGURING OUT FLOOR PAN WAS TWEAKED

24264332748_5944d7d8c3_z.jpg

AFTER
24264333128_4204cdd7bd_z.jpg

OP
OP
C

callmemarsh

REMOVING/CLEANING ORIGINAL DOOR LATCHES: Man, these things were a pain to get out. Good thing I'm not really using the original doors because I may or may not have cut through the skin with a cut off wheel haha

How many tools does it take?

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

callmemarsh

SETTING CORE SUPPORT AND TAILGATE: So the idea here is to save at least a few original pieces front, middle and rear. Seems like everything is lining up fairly straight.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

callmemarsh

Impressive rebuild... I am watching this one.

Thanks! It’s certainly pushing my limits, but I am learning a TON as I go. Let’s just say everything on the passenger side tends to go about 15 times faster ��

Oh, and I just put in a couple large orders with Jim at Wild Horses and Sam at Bronco Connection for our suspension and axles! Can’t wait to get that stuff here so we can get her back in a roller!

Stay tuned!

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
you really are posting up an very informative thread on the body and I really appreciate reading through this as I'm going to have to go there one day....thanks for taking so many pics and documenting everything!

OP
OP
C

callmemarsh

you really are posting up an very informative thread on the body and I really appreciate reading through this as I'm going to have to go there one day....thanks for taking so many pics and documenting everything!

No problem at all! Truth be told. I am thinking about opening my own shop after this "proof of concept" is done. The more I document, the easier the second one will be!

PLEASE feel free to ask questions. I have no problem answering! And any suggestions, opinions and thoughts are welcome. Lord knows I could use help by any means necessary! haha

OP
OP
C

callmemarsh

REMOVING DOOR GLASS: Didn't get many pics of this, sorry guys. Luckily I'm not using these doors (note the rust!). So cutting, prying and grinding on these made it pretty easy to get the guts out. It also helps that CJ Pony Parts had their window regulators on sale for Black Friday. Both sides for $63!?!? Yeah I won't be saving the originals.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

callmemarsh

FRONT FENDERS AND GRILL: Took a trip to the storage units to pull out the fenders and grill. The goal is to set the final body lines so I can get all of the support forward of the firewall in it's final place and brace everything up. I couldn't resist bolting in the driver seat for a little motivation.

37949550284_f365404879_z.jpg

38611210926_3ed4b0f8f9_z.jpg

26891033509_5e0806bf3b_z.jpg

26891032479_3115cfb0bd_z.jpg

37779874275_a40ce50731_z.jpg

37779874065_ba0828034a_z.jpg

26891033239_8b81b4f77a_z.jpg