• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dana 20 t style question

Nowik35

So I currently have my Dana 20 t style completely torn apart down to the shell and about to start rebuilding with JBG rebuild kit. Anyways because my current goal is a bone stock rebuild I want to put back to original T shifter. BUT I may in the future want to go twin sticks. That being said would it be a bad idea to rebuild the Dana without the interlock pills? Would I damage something without those in and use the original shifter? Figured this would make my future upgrade a breeze... thoughts?

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
The pills are needed to make it shift properly in stock form. We only remove the front most pill when going twin as it is what will keep you from independent control, leaving the rear pill will keep you from putting one axle in low and the other in high. On a J shift they only have the rear pull.

OP
OP
N

Nowik35

would I be ok to just install the rear pill for the stock T sifter or is that also asking for trouble?