• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA Pricing advice, need input

Status
Not open for further replies.

acharlierock

Hi everybody, I recently posted my '66 Bronco on craigslist and here, and got a broad range of responses. I'm admittedly not completely smart on this stuff and wanted to get your input on a good asking price. I put over 50K into it during a frame off restoration in 2012 with BC Broncos, and it still runs great, only 4559 miles on the crate engine put in. Some details below.

Crate engine (V8, 302, 5.0L)
Rebuilt ZF Transmission
Fuel Injection
Custom Stereo Sound Bar
Disk Brakes
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
All Weather Seats
Custom Soft Top
BC Broncos 3 Core radiator
Heavy Duty Front and Rear Driveshafts
BF Goodrich All Terrain Tires (33 x 12.50)
Painless Wiring Harness
2-Into-1 exhaust with Magnaflow Muffler
BC Ceramic Headers
23 Gallon Fuel Tank
BC Tie Rod Kit
2.5" Lift
F-150 Vents
New Steel Hood,
Sony Bluetooth stereo with custom surround sound speakers were installed in 2015.
The chassis is in excellent shape, and the body has been rhino lined inside and out, so no rust.

Link to pictures below, thanks for the help!

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/1966-ford-bronco/6676632083.html

Deathmobile2

Is that 50k in parts or does that include labor? Whose labor?

Bronco is nice, but it is resto mod vs restored.

I would say you should be able to move it around 30k - not what you want to hear.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
A

acharlierock

Thanks Deathmobile, the labor was all BC Broncos labor.

Great point on the labor, and to be honest I never knew the difference between resto mod and restored. I appreciate the input. Very helpful.

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
price

Price may be determined by your level of patience and the level of photography and marketing you undertake. It is not going to sell itself at that price.

gavindg

Loc.
Westlake Village
^^^^ All Good Advice up there. I would hit the car shows and some brokers, maybe even Maxlinder or other EB sites to see what they would advertise it for and broker it.

Most people buying EB's want to stand out, so not sure if the black color will narrow the search for that price.

OP
OP
A

acharlierock

I'm actually currently in Monterey, left LA, and time is on my side. Huge car show here this week and have had a couple people ask about it. Think it might be worth having my wife (a photographer) take some better photos for it. I think with all of this being said and the advice from you experts, I'll drop the asking price down to 45K, market this thing and see what happens.

A buddy of mine just told me about bringatrailer.com. Seems like a decent option, any thoughts?

pipeline010

45k looks about right, it's a deal at 42.

It's definitely a resto-mod, not quite my style but for everything that's right and proper on it I can't see it selling for less than that.

You're getting robbed at 30k. IMO.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Got to love the peanut gallery offering opinions on value who never have the funds to make a cash offer...wouldn't plan to resell it, it's not red. :eek:

Attachments

• 20171021_163402.jpg
    20171021_163402.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 186
OP
OP
A

acharlierock

You guys saying I need to get a paintjob??!! Haha. I've got a potential buyer talking to his wife tonight (we'll see how that goes) willing to pay 40K. Bring a Trailer got back to me with a pretty high reserve price, so think I might go that route and see what happens. You guys have been great. If you're ever in Northwest FL (my next post) and want to blow some stuff up with Green Berets let me know!

Deathmobile2

You guys saying I need to get a paintjob??!! Haha. I've got a potential buyer talking to his wife tonight (we'll see how that goes) willing to pay 40K. Bring a Trailer got back to me with a pretty high reserve price, so think I might go that route and see what happens. You guys have been great. If you're ever in Northwest FL (my next post) and want to blow some stuff up with Green Berets let me know!

You seem like a good dude - why are you selling it? Rhetorical question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
A

acharlierock

I hear you man, it's tough. Could afford it as a single Lieutenant back in 2012. Now I'm a married Captain with a toddler and one more on the way. Also deployments get in the way of truly enjoying it. Something tells me I'll be buying this thing back in about 20 years and I'll want to kick myself.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
wow quite the transformation! Just remember it IS possible that you'll be able to buy one cheaper in 20 years...great time to sell right now good luck

OP
OP
A

acharlierock

Development: I just found out that the Bronco is a Roadster, built in August of 1965. (VIN U13FL738667). I never knew those were so rare. Granted there are a ton of modifications. But given that this was one of the first ever made, will do you guys think that will raise the value?

badkarma

GLWS.... North Florida you heading out to Blanding. we may run in to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.