• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Got offered 25k for my EB

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
A week or so ago a friend of a friend text me and was asking about my 73. He's got a 78 and always wanted a EB. He asked a few times what i'd take for it, I just keep saying....."I was taught to never make the 1st offer", I always had a If I get X amount number in my head then I would sell. Well Monday night he text me and offers me 25k. I was floored.....to me my Bronco isn't a 25k EB, no where as nice as some of the other rigs I see here. But I just don't see me selling it for that amount, I bought it about 8 years go for $6,500. Only thing I've done is redone the interior. Especially after looking at prices and seeing I couldn't replace mine with a nicer one for that amount of money. Prices are like houses in my area right now. Through the roof, I might have told him yea had I been able to buy a nicer one for the same amount. Anyone ever offered you a amount that made you think real hard about selling?

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've been offered about the same for mine but with today's prices I couldn't replace it for that. I would never sell mine anyway. ;)

Tombronco66

Loc.
Dallas , Texas
My bronco is pretty rough but it is a 1966 U13. I had a guy offer a trade for a 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner. It needed a little work as well but I love old mopar muscle cars so it was a hard trade to turn down.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
I am constantly asked if I want to sell it (same with my uncut when I had it). No one ever throws out a price though.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
I bought mine for $6,500, too! I got offered $20,000 for it over the phone/text. But, I coulnd't see myself selling it. I just haven't had enough fun with it, yet. Plus, I would look dumb selling her and then be left with all these EB diecasts and other EB mementos.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
I just throw out ridiculous numbers and they leave me alone

This guy gets it!

Random person in traffic/parking lot/wherever: HOW MUCH YOU WANT FOR IT?
Me: $40 thousand in cash tomorrow! I got a title in my name ready to hand over when the cash is on the table.
RPIT/PL/W: You don't have to be a dick!
Me: It doesn't have a For Sale sign on it. What makes you think you're gonna get a "steal"? You're gonna have to want it about $15k more than it's worth.
RPIT/PL/W: (leaves quietly)

I may have to up my outrageous number soon with the way prices have been moving. %)

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The cool thing about EB's, is that there were less than about a quarter of a million units made over their 11 year production run, of which I would be shocked if more than 100,000 were still on the road or in project stasis. There's a reason they keep topping Haggerty's list of best investment vehicles, not that I intend to ever sell mine. Even when gas is $20/gallon 30 years from now, I'll find excuses to take it out.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
My bronco is pretty rough but it is a 1966 U13. I had a guy offer a trade for a 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner. It needed a little work as well but I love old mopar muscle cars so it was a hard trade to turn down.

I hear ya, I might trade mine for a '68 Charger, maybe a '70 Roadrunner, but the 12 foot long EB fits SO well in my garage ;D I'm guessing those mopars are about 17' ??

tvall

This guy gets it!

Random person in traffic/parking lot/wherever: HOW MUCH YOU WANT FOR IT?
Me: $40 thousand in cash tomorrow! I got a title in my name ready to hand over when the cash is on the table.
RPIT/PL/W: You don't have to be a dick!
Me: It doesn't have a For Sale sign on it. What makes you think you're gonna get a "steal"? You're gonna have to want it about $15k more than it's worth.
RPIT/PL/W: (leaves quietly)

I may have to up my outrageous number soon with the way prices have been moving. %)

Agreed! I had a guy follow me into my work parking lot and ask if it was for sale. I was nice but told him it wasn't and he laughed and said "everything is for sale, what's the number? I said again, it wasn't for sale and he got pissed and asked "what's the I'm not selling price". I said $100K. He got even more pissed and said it wasn't worth that much. I laughed and said I told him it wasn't for sale and he asked what's my "not for sale" price. He left without saying another word.

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
I get asked if mine is for sale about once a month. I resigned myself to a number that if it was put in front of me I would take it. In my case it is $25k. I think it is really worth $18k-$20k. I paid $4k for it 8 years ago and probably have $3k more in parts plus a huge amount of labor. I would not be a making a lot of money but it is also a reasonable amount to ask and someone may say "here it is" and I would sign on the line.

If your price is priceless then it is never for sale and that should be the end of the conversation. But people can be morons (not us EB folks).

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
One thing I do believe to add to what Apogee said is their are more road worthy now then say 15 years ago because of them being fixed up and put back on the road

Parts units we had 25-30 yrs ago are easily builders now.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If I could sell mine and get into a new raptor I might be good. Haaa
Still would miss the bronco but raptors are pretty nice.

Funny how dudes get pissed when they are the ones asking, there is always a douch bag somewhere.

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
I get asked if mine is for sale about once a month. I resigned myself to a number that if it was put in front of me I would take it. In my case it is $25k. I think it is really worth $18k-$20k. I paid $4k for it 8 years ago and probably have $3k more in parts plus a huge amount of labor. I would not be a making a lot of money but it is also a reasonable amount to ask and someone may say "here it is" and I would sign on the line.

If your price is priceless then it is never for sale and that should be the end of the conversation. But people can be morons (not us EB folks).

20k was my "If I'm ever offered it I'll sell it price" But I was offered 25k.... but after I looked I'd have to put another 10k or more with that to get a nice one. Just not worth it.

EarlyBronc74

Loc.
Central Texas
I have had several notes left on my 74 always asking if it is for sale and to name "my price." I texted one guy and said $40k he was like "you're crazy!" and I replied so are you for asking me to sell my Bronco.

Some people just don't understand it.

EpeditionBronc

The cool thing about EB's, is that there were less than about a quarter of a million units made over their 11 year production run, of which I would be shocked if more than 100,000 were still on the road or in project stasis. There's a reason they keep topping Haggerty's list of best investment vehicles, not that I intend to ever sell mine.

We should also be thanking Ford when they come out with a watered down Exploder/Ranger and badge it as a Bronco. Bronco's will be like the T-Bird; when Ford tries to reintroduce a classic and ends up with something less than desirable, the original will become even more coveted.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Must be nice guys, all I'm ever approached with is "cool Jeep, what year is it?" %)

67RT

Bronco Guru
Sell it now! That is a great offer. They make more of them.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I've got six EBs as well as two '67 Mustang fastbacks on my property. It gets tiresome answering the door for people asking if anything's for sale. It's even more annoying when people offer $5,000 for complete running vehicles thinking they're going to get a steal. As if someone with all these classic Fords somehow doesn't know what he has or what they're worth.

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
I would sell mine for that price in my head :)
I need another project Bronco to start.