• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1967 Uncut U15 Bronco w/ 289 - $5800 and FREE 200 mile tow

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhhhhYeahhh

***UPDATED 12/13/16 - Dropped price to $5800 and added a free tow up to 200 miles with my AAA Card***

1967 Uncut U15 Bronco. FREE 200 mile tow to whoever buys it. The frame VIN matches the kick panel VIN. I have TONS of photos and I can take more if you want them. Before you see the photos, please know that I DID NOT install the spoiler on the hardtop %)

At the below link you can see over 300 photos of the good, bad, and ugly:
https://goo.gl/photos/8cUqLBAfvBe8x2g67

MECHANICAL:
It has a 289 that supposedly ran fine a few years ago and was parked (As they always do). I performed an oil and filter change, sprayed some carb cleaner and then starter fluid in the carb and put a battery in it and it started up turnkey. I didn't run it long and I've never "driven" it. The fuel system will need to be gone through and the exhaust looks rough and will need work.

Power Steering
Manual Brakes. The brakes need work as they currently don't work.
New Battery
Missing oil dipstick (Weird, I know)
Rear drive shaft not installed (Not sure why this is but I got Bronco with another one and there were 2 spare driveshafts. One likely goes to the other one and one to this one. I'll have to measure them to figure out which is which)
Believed to be original 289 / 3 Speed on the column

INTERIOR / ACCESSORIES
Odometer reads 7793 and I'm not sure if this is original
Not sure what gauges work as I've never driven it
Vacuum wiper gear looks to be there but I have not tested it.
Missing Dash pad
No front seat belts but it looks like they were once installed.
Looks to be all original dash/interior.
Looks to have factory grab bar on passenger side of dash
Doesn't look to have ever had a rear seat (No holes for it at least).
Glass overall is great. The windshield has a rock chip (Smaller than a quarter).
Passenger door bottom-hinge needs to be repaired as it doesn't have bolts going through it to the door jamb. (The door still opens and shuts).
Front seats currently with minimal hardware but I plan on putting the rest of the hardware in.

BODY
Original color was dark green. I have green seats that came with it too. Some owner painted yellow but left under the front seats green. Yellow Paint is not perfect but it looks good. Green can be seen throughout the various body panels where they didn't paint or it peeled off. Overall it Looks pretty stock but someone wanted a yellow Bronco!
Missing front bumper
The car is rusty but seems to have solid panels for the most part.
Top is rusty and has spoiler installed (Ridiculous I know). A buddy of mine said it is a GM spoiler for G-bodies but I'm not certain on that. I didn't want to mess around with removing it but whoever does can likely sell it for a decent chunk.
It looks to still have the factory hardtop headliner installed still
Hard Top unlock handle doesn't work right but top can be opened.

Comes with the set of 4 original green body-matching wheels (One appears to have had a blowout so its in the bed of the truck with another bronco spare in its place on the car. 15" wheels with P235/75R15 tires.

Frame has rust overall but I'm not sure how to evaluate the structural impact. It was originally from kentucky I was told. I took a TON of photos I can send a link to. I can also take any photos you'd like.

Front Passenger Grille/Fender were damaged by tow company when It was getting loaded on rollback. The cable ripped off from the frame and it slowly rolled into an RV next to it. This was due to the tow truck driver not hooking it up correctly. I have photos of the incident. The fender bent right back to 95% perfection and the grille is pressed in a little still. I think they can easily be repaired by a body guy (Barely noticeable). The rear bumper has a mounting bracket bent downwards where towing incident happened (Not original bumper anyways)

Would be a good restoration candidate

Comes with a key which works in the ignition (Untested in doors)

Clean Tennessee title with my name on it

Call (805) 405-0765 with any questions!

Last edited:

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
very interested.

A few more questions or clarifications (and they'll come up in the order I saw them in the picture link) Feel free to email me directly and we'll probably have a phone conversation later this week [if it's not gone by then].

1) The plates sticking out of the frame rails are welded or bolted in?
2) The jug on the drivers fender well is for the windshield sprayers? Just been replaced with a newer version?
3) Are both gas tanks present? I see where it will have to gone through, but there's no mention of the aux tank. And I don't see the switch/valve in front of the seat.
4) Windshield hinge have any major rust?
5) The drivers side grill has a pinch in the slotting nearest to the headlight or is that an optical illusion?
6) No passenger side mirror?
7) Pitting on the passenger drip rail?
8) is the rear bumper welded or bolted?
9) How big is the missing space behind the drivers rear wheel well?
10) How large is the separation on the passenger side in the same location? How big is the riveted patch panel?
11) How far does the cancer move up the wheel well on both sides?
12) Do you have all the door hardware and window cranks?
13) How bad is the rust on the trans hump?
14) How big are the holes/cancer in the passenger kick panel?
15) Is the lip of the hardtop too rusted to use the bolts or did/are there none installed because you didn't want them?
16) Overall: How many riveted/screwed patch panels are there? Even the ones on the dash/kick panels/floor/etc
17) How long is the hole in the frame in the rear?

That should get us started ;D

OP
OP
O

OhhhhYeahhh

That's certainly a thorough list of questions! I'll work on getting you answers and photos. I'll PM you my number as well.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
That's certainly a thorough list of questions! I'll work on getting you answers and photos. I'll PM you my number as well.

I have to be as making a trip up there to see it or buying it sight unseen is tough.

Also, I got your PM and will give you a call soon.

Thanks.

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru

I know, maybe you should take some more pictures!!!! ;D;D;D

Don't let this one get away JAXLAX

OP
OP
O

OhhhhYeahhh

I have to be as making a trip up there to see it or buying it sight unseen is tough.

Also, I got your PM and will give you a call soon.

Thanks.

Totally understood. I haven't been able to take more photos as I basically work during daylight hours. I should be able to get a ton more this weekend however. It's certainly not rust free but there is an audience for an uncut bronco.

OP
OP
O

OhhhhYeahhh

Jaxlax, I got answers to many of your questions and took photos. I bought this truck as-is and made no modifications other than the basics I mentioned in my ad. Based on your assumptions and tone with some of the questions I can't quite tell if you're trolling or are genuinely interested but Either way I've posted a ton more photos of most of the requested areas, including the frame. The link above should be updated with the photos.

My asking price is starting as I know it's not worth 7k. I debated on even listing it here as I didn't want to get flamed by the bronco experts, but if figured what the heck, maybe someone on here will want it. I could have used the words "survivor" and "barn find" as they liberally get thrown around but I know it's not that. I'm fairly new to the Bronco scene and am beginning restoration on my dad's old 66' that I got back into the family from a member here after my dad sold it 7 years ago. I've historically been in the Mopar community but I do enjoy Ford Trucks. I'm looking forward to the Bronco Journey!

Answers to your questions:

I'm not sure where you mean?
2) The jug on the drivers fender well is for the windshield sprayers? Just been replaced with a newer version?
Looks like it is for the wiper fluid. Photos were taken of it.
3) Are both gas tanks present? I see where it will have to gone through, but there's no mention of the aux tank. And I don't see the switch/valve in front of the seat.
The front tank is not present but the switch does appear to be mounted under the driver seat (Photos uploaded). The switch matches the one on my 66' so it may be original?
4) Windshield hinge have any major rust?
It doesn't look to. I've taken more photos so you can be the judge. I've never folded it doesn't. The hood looks to have been green as the rest of the body was and it has caps where the hood windshield mount was.
5) The drivers side grill has a pinch in the slotting nearest to the headlight or is that an optical illusion?
Not sure where you mean on this but I took additional photos.
6) No passenger side mirror?
There does not appear to be one as this was an option
7) Pitting on the passenger drip rail?
On the hardtop? That's the only actual drip rail I believe. is that what you mean?
8) is the rear bumper welded or bolted?
Bolted on one side (Driver) as the other side tore out with the incident I mentioned.
Photos taken of this and other patch panels in the bed
10) How large is the separation on the passenger side in the same location? How big is the riveted patch panel?
Additional Photos taken. You can see the original factory jack instructions sticker covered in Yellow paint
11) How far does the cancer move up the wheel well on both sides?
Do you mean the front or rear? What precise areas would you like me to check?
12) Do you have all the door hardware and window cranks?
No window crank handle for passenger side. No door handle or door panel on driver side.
Photos taken. Not bad?
You mean where the VIN is mounted but on the passenger side? Not bad I don't think but I'll get more photos.
15) Is the lip of the hardtop too rusted to use the bolts or did/are there none installed because you didn't want them?
I did not install the hardtop therefore I don't know the reasoning. My guess is someone's laziness.
16) Overall: How many riveted/screwed patch panels are there? Even the ones on the dash/kick panels/floor/etc
I don't have a number but I have photos.
I've taken some photos of it and uploaded them. At least 10 inches?

Last edited:

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Based on your assumptions and tone with some of the questions I can't quite tell if you're trolling or are genuinely interested
Answers to your questions:

I'm not sure where you mean?
Not sure where you mean on this but I took additional photos.
Photos taken of this and other patch panels in the bed
Photos taken. Not bad?
You mean where the VIN is mounted but on the passenger side? Not bad I don't think but I'll get more photos.
I've taken some photos of it and uploaded them. At least 10 inches?

Never trolling. Genuine interest. Often just trying to figure out if I want to venture down the road.
I'll even illustrate where I was going:
1) If the metal plates are welded into the front of the frame rails where a bumper will have to either be bolted or inserted matters because I need to know what I'll have to do to get one on.
5-14) Messing with that grille panel is far more costly than just replacing, so I'm just trying to get a list of replacement pieces and welder time to get it back to solid [see Qs about panels and frame].

Need to know what you want out of it and what it'll cost me to get it where I want to go and put that together to build a budget and finally see if it all works out.

Jaxgtc

Saw it yesterday on a transporter in JAX FL

Small world, just saw this sucker on an auto transport in Jacksonville, FL yesterday!

Status
Not open for further replies.