• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What not to do with a resto

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
Me to and I would drive the horse shoes off of it. Of course as soon as I took off that center console "bling-a-ding ding", the rear spoiler... so I can at least hit 100 MPH. lol

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Other than getting rid of the hood scoop, center console bling, go-wing, and knocking the price down to around $10K, I would drive that!

Mattco

Loc.
Dothan, AL
So why would you put diamond plate on the console and a hood scoop on the truck as well?

Gotta believe there a myriad of half arsed mods on this tucked away ....

Note, 2nd Gen Bronco but thought some would find this humorous... and the price.....

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/cto/5912994056.html

What kind of price do 2nd gens usually pull? 35k is just straight insane it seems but I have no idea what prices they pull

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
So why would you put diamond plate on the console and a hood scoop on the truck as well?

Gotta believe there a myriad of half arsed mods on this tucked away ....

Note, 2nd Gen Bronco but thought some would find this humorous... and the price.....

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/cto/5912994056.html

Different strokes for different folks. I'd bet there's something you'd put on a truck that many would think ridiculous and ugly.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
It's a very nice 79 with an unusual (rare if factory?) two-tone color but I don't think the market is anywhere near $35K yet. Yup diamond plate would have to go. The "spoiler" however is not a spoiler - it's to create a downdraft over the rear window keep dust from collecting on it and allowing you to drive with window down without the fumes getting in. It's functional, not show.

Toddpole

Contributor
I'm a little partial to the hi-po "aluminum" brake booster and windshield washer lid. Never seen them anywhere before. Must be one offs.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
There was a time when these mods were very common especially when the truck was 20 years or so old. I'm waiting to put my bug deflector back on when they come back around.

Landho

Loc.
Cypress, TX
I have a diamond plate tailgate (interior side) EB cover if anyone wants it... lol

Very functional ... Retro mod style, not Resto mod style.

I like some of the old stuff on these classic ... but maybe not diamond plate so much ...

some of the new stuff looks too much. The HID headlights, for instance - I love them - but, they have got to be able to improve their OFF appearance to look more classic.