• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Other I hate when this happens

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Wonder why they didn't put the correct turn signals in the grille?

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Hard to spend that kind of money on something that's continually incorrect. When year did the red appear on the speedometer?

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Yes I saw this one last night WHY do people paint the hood latch and grill body color WHY WHY%)

X2, painting the front grill area like that kills me. It rates right up there with the diamond plate bolt ons. Yuck!!!!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
You know how it is man, not about the quality w/some peeps

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
I like details and since it has come up in this thread.....
What color should the core support be, and what color should the release handle be?

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I was at Tom Carpers the other day and he has a 68 v8 roadster in really good shape it his place. It was pretty cool to see it sitting there!

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I like details and since it has come up in this thread.....
What color should the core support be, and what color should the release handle be?

The core support should be body color, not the color of the grille insert..ie white, argent or black, which is what all Bronco grilles were...not one of these three colors. The release handle was originally black or dark grey oxide finish. The black was not as dark as current new manufactured black oxide fasteners...

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Grille and front details...

Attachments

• Easter Weekend Broncos 054.jpg
    Easter Weekend Broncos 054.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 165
  • 66 Bronco Roadster 5.jpg
    66 Bronco Roadster 5.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 171

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What makes this such a sad situation is here's one of the rarest of rare U13s that is supposedly very low mileage and some of it appears to be right, then there is something as important as the grille...the first thing you see and it is all done wrong! The sad thing is in some earlier pictures of this same U13 (before it was painted), it was right. The grille is all yellow which the area around the openings should be white, and the grille letters should be black, not red. All grille letters from thee factory were either black or the bolted on chrome metal and red letters; never painted on red, blue, green or anything like that.....

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Like them door mirrors mounted on the fenders. ..geek lookin.

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
The core support should be body color, not the color of the grille insert..ie white, argent or black, which is what all Bronco grilles were...not one of these three colors. The release handle was originally black or dark grey oxide finish. The black was not as dark as current new manufactured black oxide fasteners...

Thanks for the explanation and pics. I got the core support correct, but painted the darn hood release Wimbledon white to match the grill when I did my wife's Bronco. Darn it!

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
1968 u13

Can someone tell me why this has not sold? It seems to me all of the "problems" on this truck are fairly easy to correct. Mark in San Diego

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Can someone tell me why this has not sold? It seems to me all of the "problems" on this truck are fairly easy to correct. Mark in San Diego

I agree that it's all easy fixes. Everyone needs to stop and realize that this is one of very few 68 Roadsters to ever surface and even though it does have some issues, it's still one of the nicest to ever surface. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the grille or mirrors either, but I'd be thrilled if my Dad's 68 was in this good of shape. A grille is easier than what we will face. And it still has a surviving Whitco top! As far as why it hasn't sold, probably the money. Most people looking to spend that kind of coin on a Bronco are not in the market for a U13 with little options.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Also, it is my understanding that the Bronco was in a minor collision at one point, so I'm guessing that the grille was swapped for a later one unfortunately.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL

Honestly?
It's appeal is a very small portion of the buyer pool.

This is a museum/collection/sunday driver vehicle and even at those things it falls short.
It's not 100% correct or stock or original, so the first two are hard sells.
As a Sunday driver, it's expensive and not the easiest [soft, manual, etc].

It seems to be too much to pay for something that needs work and it's too much to pay for one your going to buy and cut/alter [unless you're ICON]. And it doesn't have a purpose that you can take it out and thrash (mud, crawler, etc).

It's just out in no man/buyers land.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
I kind of agree, this a Bronco Geek's Bronco...the big money is in super original or mainly in the high end restomod. I doubt that the typical ICON buyer would drop half of what they are asking or even care. Most people looking would prefer a 1976-1977 ranger with auto, p/s, p/b, etc. I also worry given the number of times this has been up for sale that there are other issues - how are things up close not just the ebay glamour shots?

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Hey fordfan. You are correct on the grill colors except for black. Black was only a ailable on 76-77 special decore broncos. And the black grille had a black background and chrome letters.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5868.jpg
    IMG_5868.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 185