• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

DE Super high quality lower door seal sets! Soft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roscoe95

Got mine!

I just got my set and my doors are a little tougher to shut now. will these "break in" a bit with use? i really don't want to start moving hinges or strikers.

OP
OP
delconick

delconick

you are the first person to say that, typically its the other way around. I'm sure they will break down a little over time but that is not the ideal way to look at this. you probably have a dimensional problem somewhere, door in too far, etc. if you have new rocker panels I have seen some of them that are not the correct depth, therefore to line your door up it ends up too close to the inner rocker for any seal to clear.

I wish I had a fix all or a better answer for you. these were not a very precision vehicle to begin with so body differences cause their own problems.

thanks again!

mini73

Just ordered I set of the lower door seals. I have been running soft doors and inserts since buying my bronco. The bronco did come with doors but that was the first thing I took off once I got it home. I am making some half doors out of them and will hopefully will be putting the half doors back on. I like the soft doors and inserts but its time for a change.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Nick,
check your site e-mail, I sent you a question last week... About some loose parts and a steering column... Doug

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looking to see how these seals have worked out for all who have installed them? Are they as good as advertised? Seals that came in my truck look fine, but would love for the doors to close easier than they do now. Door alignment seems pretty good, so want to start with seals.

JGO

Contributor
Looking to see how these seals have worked out for all who have installed them? Are they as good as advertised? Seals that came in my truck look fine, but would love for the doors to close easier than they do now. Door alignment seems pretty good, so want to start with seals.

I just installed some. I'm an experienced builder and know where rubber can be removed, and pinch areas can be relieved. The seals I received were just as bad as any I have installed. I had my door alignment perfect and these made them impossible to shut without slamming. Popped out bottoms too! My solution was to perform surgery to the seals on the bench and remove all inner material so the seals are now hollow. They are not ideal (a bit wavy now), but at least my doors shut.

I don't want to make a big deal out of it, but maybe the seller should stop advertising these as something different because mine were the same as every other set on the market. Bummer because I had two other new sets on my shelf!

Jim

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Jim,

Thanks for the reply - was sure hoping to hear they were the best ever, etc, etc. Have you used the seals from Metro (that are supposed to be back in stock soon) or the newer ones from Dennis Carpenter? Would like to cross things off the to-do list and not add them to a re-do list if possible. Appreciate you sharing your experience, and hate that you had to find out the hard way.....

Biohazard

Loc.
Central Arkansas
I finally installed mine a week or so ago. Driver's door shuts perfect. Passenger door takes a little more effort but still shuts fine. I've never tried the other brands but these seem to work well and fit was pretty well as close as I could ask for. I give them a thumbs up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
delconick

delconick

hi jim,

these seals are not the same seals as all that are available. if you were at my shop i can show you in person the differences between the seal brands. if you hold ours against an nos seal they are as good as it gets as far as aftermarket is concerned. the difference is not how soft the seal itself is! its how soft they are where it attaches to the molded blocks at the tops.

as for your doors not shutting when these are installed, there is a reason that is happening and it is not the seals. dimentionally something is off. (as with most broncos it seems) lower quarter in a bit too far, rocker in a bit too far, there are a lot of causes for this. now when you adjust your doors in to match it ends up being too close to the inner rocker for any seal to work! try measuring the door openings on 10 factory broncos and you would be lucky to get the same dimensions top and bottom on 2! i have, as well as many people on here have seen a ton of factory, never touched broncos with the doors sticking out on the lower corners. its not because of the factory seals! its because the gap between the door and the body is not the same all of the way around. due to a panel misalignment.

ive told a lot of people that i cannot "gaurantee" that these seals will be a fix all but they are in fact better where it counts the most. if the body dimensions all check out, these seals are fantastic!

i can say this, we use these as well as selling them and they are the best i have found , if there were better i would stock them. its not all about profit with us, i want to offer only the best products. we have also sold nearly 500 sets of these in the past year and have only had 2 or 3 people say they did not work on their application. thats good odds!

i hope that helps.
thank you,
Nick
North East Classic Ford Parts

JGO

Contributor
hi jim,

these seals are not the same seals as all that are available. if you were at my shop i can show you in person the differences between the seal brands. if you hold ours against an nos seal they are as good as it gets as far as aftermarket is concerned. the difference is not how soft the seal itself is! its how soft they are where it attaches to the molded blocks at the tops.

as for your doors not shutting when these are installed, there is a reason that is happening and it is not the seals. dimentionally something is off. (as with most broncos it seems) lower quarter in a bit too far, rocker in a bit too far, there are a lot of causes for this. now when you adjust your doors in to match it ends up being too close to the inner rocker for any seal to work! try measuring the door openings on 10 factory broncos and you would be lucky to get the same dimensions top and bottom on 2! i have, as well as many people on here have seen a ton of factory, never touched broncos with the doors sticking out on the lower corners. its not because of the factory seals! its because the gap between the door and the body is not the same all of the way around. due to a panel misalignment.

ive told a lot of people that i cannot "gaurantee" that these seals will be a fix all but they are in fact better where it counts the most. if the body dimensions all check out, these seals are fantastic!

i can say this, we use these as well as selling them and they are the best i have found , if there were better i would stock them. its not all about profit with us, i want to offer only the best products. we have also sold nearly 500 sets of these in the past year and have only had 2 or 3 people say they did not work on their application. thats good odds!

i hope that helps.
thank you,
Nick
North East Classic Ford Parts

Thanks,
I hope I didn't get an oddball, or bad set because I can't tell the difference between these and the sets I have from Wild Horses. Where the rubber transitions at the top of the B-pillar they seem identical in firmness. I can't imagine they are as soft as originals, I don't think they would have been able to sell new Bronco's that you had to slam the doors to shut. I know no two Bronco's are identical.

Jim

OP
OP
delconick

delconick

Jim,

i sent you a pm to call me so that we can figure out why they are not working for you.

thank you!
Nick

JGO

Contributor
Nick,

There are a lot of parts in the aftermarket that are unusable and as a enthusiast spending money on parts that end up in the trash can does get old. I didn't have any malicious intent, I was merely responding to another members question about install experiences. I honestly thought maybe as a vendor you would accept the fact that there is room for improvement on this product and work with your supplier to deliver a better product!

I've been around enough Bronco's to know my install is not defective, and my Bronco is not defective. There is room for improvement on these seals. I'm sorry you feel I'm trying to hurt your business, that was not my intent, maybe I could have worded it better I apologize for that. Please stop private messaging me.

Jim

PaveBronco

Just ordered a set, getting time to put the top on, weather changing in TX, from hot to mostly hot..

kawikevin250

Loc.
Reno
I'm ready to order new weather strips & want to try yours. Do you offer upper seals too? its starting to turn colder in Reno NV & I want to do this job one time all at once.

OP
OP
delconick

delconick

yes, upper seals as well as every other weatherstrip on a bronco is available on our website northeastclassicfordparts.com or by calling us direct at 610-986-5506 thank you!

Juiceman

just ordered a pair... tired of having that lower door breeze coming in

doghows72

Bronco Guru
I put mine in a while ago and they are way better than others I have used. Much softer and both my doors close with out having to slam them. Very pleased and I will buy them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.