• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Experience with G2 gears from 4wheel parts?

Ly-mo

Hi all,

I recently had three bad experiences in a row with Nitro gear (caveat emptor!). I've had great luck so far with Yukon, but I can potentially get a deal on a set of G2 gears. Anybody running them in a 9"? How's te setup? Are they quiet?

At this point, I'm inclined to pay whatever it costs to stick with Yukon....

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I don't know about the g2 gears but the local shop said the original genuine gears sucked and he didn't like installing em due to tolerance issues. I sold em and bought yukons.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Never ran G2 gears but they have a rep as a low budget line compared to Yukon.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I run a thick gear set of G2's up front. While they don't get much use at speed, they're quiet and were easy to set up.

Mark

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
And if their mechanics are anything like the ones at my local 4wp I wouldn't let them do the work. A few of my friends had work done there and none of were done right.

LOVNBRONCOS

Loc.
Tucson, Az
I had G2 4.56 gears installed in rear 9" and front D44, the guys at 4 wheel parts were great and did a great job. very quiet and love the new power. I read a lot of reviews before I decided to with G2, Installed in December and have wheeled a lot since then no problems. roughly 2000 miles on them.