• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Nicks Trix / Helen Keller Customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

soala70

Dinoone did you ever talk to nick and if so what did he offer to do about it?

KBUCK1

More awesome rust finds today.....

575e065e22ea41b63e10ac4cb4beeb32.jpg

6134e80f266656737c5a34ace2859dfe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Doesnt he typically acid dip the bodies to bring them to bare metal with no rust? I know ive seen pictures of some of his builds that appear to have been done that way.

pipeline010

no idea what's been going on here between these two parties. No one does, and to write the exchanges here could be potentially libelous. What DINO has shown is NOT libelous in that he's showing images and kept it to facts (although the opening salvo was a bit murky). But be warned: if Nick were to lose a single customer based on this post DINO could find himself in some serious legal trouble...unless everything stated has been fact. That's the definition of libel.

My opinion based on the pics alone: DINOs frustration is warranted. 100k? And rust of any kind? Absolutely unacceptable. You can get a completely brand new steel body - primed, painted, and on the road for under 20k these days.

Conjecture: If the payments were slow (which DINO claims isn't the case) leading the truck to sit in the corner, then the correct response is to ship the truck back to the customer and say you cannot continue the work under the circumstances. It's a typical business practice and saves all this; I've had to do this before (not truck shop) and, while it's pissed off the customer to no end, no one else blamed me for shoddy work.

Nobody knows what happened here based on a handful of forum posts. The value of your post is simply the receipt of this feedback: yes, for 100k rust of any kind is unacceptable. Maybe it was the painter, maybe it was the shop, maybe it was the shipper, maybe it was that damn sasquatch...regardless, yes..you have a right to be frustrated.

..but what do you plan to do about it?

OP
OP
DINOONE

DINOONE

f5f56d0f8bb73c0d351c6bbd608e243c.jpg

Hiding rust with bedliner... Can't make this up!

da93f58b626afa8877575b59be6f2007.jpg
0b3b6d32a64db4d6794b14869125cd34.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Dinoone did you ever talk to nick and if so what did he offer to do about it?

Why is this thread open again when the majority of the people keep wanting to know what communication has happened. The op continues to avoid those details so this just smells like bashing. I am not taking sides but if the op wants constructive feedback he should really open up about how much dialog he and Nick are having to get some credibility here or shut this down for good.

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I have a feeling the OP suffers from some underlying mental disorder like ocd... I'm noticing a few small rust spots on my truck which I personally stripped down to bear metal....its just inevitable these things rust...to tear apart 6 digit build is just plain crazy..

JdoubleC

Stop complaining and posting pics..call Nick and resolve the issue!! Jon, please close this thread.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I am going to close this thread.

As others have mentioned there's no info about what communication there's been with the vendor to try and resolve the issue. This thread is almost 2 years old. Whatever was going to get said should have been said by now, rather than just reviving the discussion every 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.