• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Nicks Trix / Helen Keller Customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
Totally agree with Franco. Don't think much gets solved posting on these forums. Usually degenerates into ugliness...

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I think the transport company had a really good time before it was delivered ;D

OP
OP
DINOONE

DINOONE

I guess I'll be the DBag but below is totally acceptable...... Helen Keller Approved

I didn't take these photos I had one of my employees shoot them while he was at my shop but Ill get the truck in the sun and get some better photos

ae57afc8826999f12877c4db067ff7f4.jpg

438bb7140a48858dad0c79c3dc56fc13.jpg

b02fcd84934fbf2ad8a2d3698afda43e.jpg

1e27d7c3399fbab7bf8c68a01cb398c1.jpg

7265bdf5b53115a57070f80fe5856607.jpg

a4183fcc39f0d6eaaae8e2d7913e9412.jpg

0e75466ae15072cdd38280d4b5326386.jpg

cf7ed6fc9bdb66ee775fb736b7816085.jpg

004dcbd9e618681f41b91a32bc716cc3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ajonesny

Based on those pictures I would say your agreession is warranted. I hope you guys come to an agreement and get a respray out of it.

BigToe

I'd have some issues with that too if I had that kind of money into it. :mad:

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
100k and that quality of work with so little actually done to the original Bronco is sad.

I saw a great Mustang shop go to awful when the owner lost passion, farmed out work to others, and rushed everything.

Okbroncoman

This is the problem with all social media, i.e. Facebook, google, and chat forums,
Nobody ever wants to talk face to face.

I think the line of communication is open. Now talk it out.
Either in court or face to face.

But keep it off of here!!!!!!!

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
This is the problem with all social media, i.e. Facebook, google, and chat forums,
Nobody ever wants to talk face to face.

I think the line of communication is open. Now talk it out.
Either in court or face to face.

But keep it off of here!!!!!!!

^^^ what he said ^^^ ...

don't need this to be the first thing that shows when you look up
nicks~trix~it diminishes the value of the Boca built ;D :p !

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Hmmmm...... Looking at the pictures to me it seems that there was some post finish damage and lack of a good detail after the last buffing. I'm looking at a picture so it is hard to get a true look, but look at the damaged door handle pic an it looks as if something has scratched down the paint and hit the handle. How was it shipped? Open trailer? I recently watched an episode of one of those reality shop rebuilds where the customer said the car would not crank when delivered and the shop took it back and pulled the motor down and discovered it had catastrophic failure consistent with over revving. Turns out the reputable shipper had a good time with it. Compressor pic, it's mechanical and you say the condenser was bad too? I have seen a lot of new equipment fail after a short run time. I recently did a hydro boost swap and had a new pump fail after about 8 months. $20k in repairs for a/c, brakes, and a loose fuel pump connection? Are you unhappy with that work/cost too? I don't know you but understand and have empathy for you being unhappy with what you have spent a lot of money on. With that being said I have spent some time around Nick and have seen a few of the vehicles he has done live and up close and they were pristine. I have to side with the folks that report he is a genuinely solid, humble, honest guy and I see he has reached out to you here so wishing you guys good karma to get this resolved.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Leave it to the 2 parties.... No need to further instigate.

Nick offered up for the guy to call him, so he can make that call and it'll get sorted out.

This would never deter me from sending mine to Nick's shop either.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin

Leave it to the 2 parties.... No need to further instigate.

If this is instigating...

100k and that quality of work with so little actually done to the original Bronco is sad.

I saw a great Mustang shop go to awful when the owner lost passion, farmed out work to others, and rushed everything.

...what do you call this Dave?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I digress. Will keep out of it. Apologies Skidster

JdoubleC

This thread seems to be causing a lot of animosity amoung forum members.
Anyone that’s been on Classic Bronco for a while knows Nick is a great guy and has helped a lot of people on this forum for many years...including me.
I have personally seen many builds at his shop and they have all been second to none. It’s obvious he takes pride in his work and wants all his clients to be happy, as any business owner would.
I don’t know and certainly don’t want to know the details of this issue, but I do know Nick is a trustworthy and honest guy that goes out of his way to help us bronco folks.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey I don't know you, but I have read and re-read your initial post. This keeps jumping out at me.

" I explained to him that I wanted a build I could pass down to my son when he got older enough to drive (he was 1, now 4 yrs old) over the months I sent checks totaling close to $100k. There was a communication error with Meredith where she had my wrong email so I never got invoices for the build. It wasn't until I left town for a few months and the payment stop coming that I finally received a call."

A period of 3 years, over the months (36 months??) you sent $100K.
A communication error (Merideth is pretty sharp)???
No invioces and you never wondered???
You left town for a few months and the payments stopped???
And then got a call???

Don't know what you expected nor what you received, but there's a lot of questions in all that!!!;D;D;D

ChrisC74

Hey I don't know you, but I have read and re-read your initial post. This keeps jumping out at me.

" I explained to him that I wanted a build I could pass down to my son when he got older enough to drive (he was 1, now 4 yrs old) over the months I sent checks totaling close to $100k. There was a communication error with Meredith where she had my wrong email so I never got invoices for the build. It wasn't until I left town for a few months and the payment stop coming that I finally received a call."

A period of 3 years, over the months (36 months??) you sent $100K.
A communication error (Merideth is pretty sharp)???
No invioces and you never wondered???
You left town for a few months and the payments stopped???
And then got a call???

Don't know what you expected nor what you received, but there's a lot of questions in all that!!!;D;D;D

Ben - you hit two of my three question marks. The other one that jumps out at me is this one:

"I immediately called Nick and told him about the issues. I told him I was extremely disappointed on how my $100k build was done. His exact words were "What do you want me to do?" And then hung up. I never bothered to call back"

Specifically, "I never bothered to call back"... WTF - you spent all of that money, made one phone call to try to resolve and are now spending tens of thousands of dollars making corrections with no additional follow up?

Sorry something just does not add up to me based on what I have seen with my own eyes on some of Nicks builds. Nick is more of an open book than any other bronco builder. He posts many, many progress photos of his builds. He posts detailed lists of the parts he used. He is very willing to give information direct either by phone, PM or email. If you ask about something that is only available for one of his in house builds he will still help by directing you to other commercially available parts.

There has to more to this story and is probably better for you to reach out and get your issues resolved with him directly before you keep on with this thread.

Good luck, I hope you end up with a bronco you can enjoy and pass on to your son.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Specifically, "I never bothered to call back"... WTF - you spent all of that money, made one phone call to try to resolve and are now spending tens of thousands of dollars making corrections with no additional follow up?

I was thinking the same thing. Airing this out in a forum would be a last resort for me, if I did it at all. Maybe its easier just to “be a victim” and create a lot of unnecessary drama....... If I sent somebody 100k you can dang well bet I would pick up the phone more than once.

NC-Fordguy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bethel/Greenville NC
I hate to see stuff like this as this is the least dramatic forum I visit. I also agree this thread should be locked down as it's really about Nick and Dino working this out.

Interjections are just gonna fuel this, making it worse. Hopefully this can be worked out to the satisfaction of both guys involved.

Whoaa

Bronco Guru
Aside from the disagreement, sending an already high-dollar Bronco to get an additional $100k worth of work just blows me away.

Status
Not open for further replies.