• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Save the Stickers?

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I'm having my tub blasted and my uncut dash has the 4wd shifting sticker and my right rear has the jacking instructions sticker. I imagine it will cost me a little more to have the body work done around them, so is it worth it?

Thanks,
Jeff

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
1 vote to keep the originals. Yes you can buy new ones but.......... :)

71Broncitis

Blast it all clean and put new reproductions on.

You're putting all new paint on, so a couple reproduction decals will hardly matter.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Get new stickers, clean it right. Only one to consider saving is door jamb decal with vin and stuff, but mine is unreadable so it goes when the time comes.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would keep the stickers, I just finished up my GF Bronco and kept the OE stickers, the same ones you have, to me there is just something about original but its really personal preference

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
I saved the one on the dr. door post, its pretty crusty looking but its original and ledgible, was thinking of getting a new one someday, but for now its staying. ;D

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
My opinion new paint and old decals is like a new pair of tenny shoes with the old pairs laces.
Just dont look right.

OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Lots of good points, I think I will go with new stickers to match the new paint.

If this '66 had a documented history I'd go another route, but who's to say any of it is original? Several parts on it are year correct, but not original (including the dash) I don't even know how many owners it's had. The only thing I know for sure is the name of the original owner, and more than likely it remained in Florida up until about 2000.

Speaking of which, I think I will try to track down the original owner or his family through Facebook or something...well my wife's Facebook; I got off that crap a long time ago.

Thanks fellas

Jakedog

I think some of the original stuff is cool. I like that my wiper motor still works and is stamped May 1969. But, if I had to replace it with a new one, so be it. Get new stickers.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Well I've refurbished a few old Tractors before and to go through all the trouble to finish up one and to leave the old decals on it just wasn't happening although I've seen some left back in the day before reproduction was so plentiful.Usually a small shift pattern or such.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Boils down to do what you feel best And don't look back