• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Heartthrob exhaust question

Marchak55

I bought a heartthrob dual exhaust kit with glass packs my question is has anyone ever installed this kit? If so did you have to modify it? The kit I bought exits in front of the rear tires. Seems like I have to cut it quite a bit to make it work. Thanks for any advice

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Are you sure its supposed to exit "in front" of the rear tires. Depending on the mufflers that can be tough to do in something as short as an eb.

D.R.Y.

Loc.
The Netherlands
The one I helped installed the tailpipes exited behind the rear tires. No major modifications we just shorted one tube on each side to tuck it in a it better

OP
OP
M

Marchak55

Yes the diagram that came with kit have it exiting in front of the rear tires. the pipes that came with it are no where near long enough to exit past the rear tires. After lots of measuring and cutting I finally got the driver side mounted had to cut about 10 inches off I would not recommend this kit.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Maybe they have two kits? One is shorter than the other for those that prefer in front of the tire, vs behind? I've seen that before on other vehicles, but don't know any details about the Hearthrob setup.

Glad you got it installed. Sorry to hear you're not exactly tickled with it.

Paul

OP
OP
M

Marchak55

So they do have two kits the one with glass packs is for front of the tire exiting and the other is for stock muffler