• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

‘66 Bronco shop manual question

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
Anyone know how to cross the parts numbers listed on manual diagrams at parts store ? The printed numbers are 4 ditgits, so I assume there are prefix digits but don’t see in the manual. Any suggestions? Thanks

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Got a part and a description as an example?
And I'm guessing you're looking for NOS stuff, or some parts that are not generally easy to find at the local parts store?
If you were, you really would not need the actual part number. And it probably would not cross over into everyone's computer anyway.

But if you're looking for not-so-common parts, having a number might help. I have noticed more and more though that the part numbers we're familiar with (like a C6TZ-4016-A for example) are coming up in the parts store computers with cross over parts from other manufacturers. But not all stores, and certainly not all parts, are so covered.

There's a guy on another forum that was an old parts guy and has all the old books and a lot of knowledge about such things. If you have an item number, part description, what book it's from and maybe even a page number from your book, he might be able to pull a part number out of his hat.

Paul

OP
OP
bamabaja

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
Thanks Paul and Tody for good info. Most occasions partial numbers are no big deal but living in small rural community the ability to “cross” is only way to accurately find old common parts (ex tie rod dust boots) to avoid the delay and shipping costs of web orders. Thanks again.