• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Official Build Thread - Nardo Grey Frame Off

OP
OP
J

Jc.av8r

I want more of this look:

hxjjtEI.jpg

So I am thinking of going with a 10x15" classic American Racing wheel, and 33x12.50x15 BFG AT or MT tire to get the offset.

Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's a nice looking Bronco.
How much will you be driving yours though? Inclement weather too? Off-roading at all?
High speed freeway at all? Or just slower around town stuff?

Reason I ask is to bring up the subject of paint damage. Sometimes a look comes with consequences. Such as tires sticking out far enough to throw stuff up. With a lifted and big-tired Bronco, it's kind of hard to avoid completely of course, but your desire for an even wider track to get just the stance you like will increase the likelihood.
And at that point, the fender flares are not going to slow that down by much.

Just bringing it up. Maybe it'll never be a big deal given your particular driving conditions.
But it can crop up pretty quick with new paint.

Paul

OP
OP
J

Jc.av8r

That's a nice looking Bronco.
How much will you be driving yours though? Inclement weather too? Off-roading at all?
High speed freeway at all? Or just slower around town stuff?

Reason I ask is to bring up the subject of paint damage. Sometimes a look comes with consequences. Such as tires sticking out far enough to throw stuff up. With a lifted and big-tired Bronco, it's kind of hard to avoid completely of course, but your desire for an even wider track to get just the stance you like will increase the likelihood.
And at that point, the fender flares are not going to slow that down by much.

Just bringing it up. Maybe it'll never be a big deal given your particular driving conditions.
But it can crop up pretty quick with new paint.

Paul

All considered....probably gonna do a full body xpel clear wrap to protect the paint, but in any event, this is a classic collector car for sunny weekend drives and car shows. Not gonna get a lot of abuse.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Great Build! Had some time to go through it and a really nice job for sure so far and the color looks AWESOME! Looking forward to seeing it done! ;D

OP
OP
J

Jc.av8r

Seats are in.

Also got new tires...BFG AT K02 in 33 x 12.5 x 15

Couple more weeks and we are on the road!

eArnPtjh.jpg

n91CNLoh.jpg

xFAepAJh.jpg

SUOAl7Fh.jpg

ejp1ewXh.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jc.av8r

Exhaust installed. Flares on...pretty much done. Just needs a couple little bits (wiper blades, bikini top, etc.)

I can't tell you how good of a feeling it is.....full review and many photos for you guys next week.

hS3L3Mv.jpg

V7rzKNy.jpg

fM4aTl6.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jc.av8r

VERY nice build?

What seats did you end up going with?

Thanks!

I went with the new premium seats from Tom's Bronco Parts: https://www.tomsbroncoparts.com/pro...ts-w-fold-tumble-seat---black-w-brackets-pair

They look great, very comfortable and vastly improved seating position over stock, for me at least.

I am 6'2"...the stock seats with my old transmission made it really difficult to shift gears as my knee was always in the way. With these seats, a new tilt column, and the NV3550 5 speed, I'm living in comfort.

OP
OP
J

Jc.av8r

Well, here you have it. Finished product. Drives great, sounds awesome. I'll upload and share a video soon.

All we really can think of to do next is get a soft top and work out stereo and speakers. Really happy with it, the paint color is amazing in the sun.

What do you guys think??

BO1yd1Zh.jpg

9FzHBl2h.jpg

BnMZy60h.jpg

cBz3iRrh.jpg

hPMj0Ygh.jpg

EucSvA6h.jpg

Bdhand

Contributor
That looks awesome!!! I am jealous. I can’t wait to get mine complete.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Well, here you have it. Finished product. Drives great, sounds awesome. I'll upload and share a video soon.

All we really can think of to do next is get a soft top and work out stereo and speakers. Really happy with it, the paint color is amazing in the sun.

What do you guys think??

[

Me thinks she looks fabulous.... Nicely done