• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for someone in WA to check out Bronco

erik70-72

Loc.
Novi, MI
Hi,

My name is Erik and I am new (sorta - my grandpa had one) to Broncos. Have been looking, learning, and am ready to buy when I find the right one. There's a Bronco in Granite Falls, WA and I am wondering if anyone here has seen it or would be willing to go by and take a look.

Here's a link to it (ignore that it says Gremlin, they seem to have reused an old link) http://www.mainlymusclecars.com/copy-of-1975-gremlin-x-levi-s-editi-1

My main point of concern is that the underbody is a little TOO clean. Like maybe they sprayed it to cover up. Or maybe it was fine and they refreshed. The seller says they didn't do it but the shop they got it from did.

I would appreciate any insights you have. I've already been lucky enough to have a member local to me take a look at pics, so really want to have someone go look in person, before I spend money to have a local official inspector/appraiser go by. Then of course I would fly out myself. I live in Michigan.

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
That Bronco would scare me with looking at the underbody photos. You can see on the one of the spring shackle mount and where they stopped spraying the black stuff they coated the underneath with. Also saw another one where the rust was showing thru. To me it looks like spray paint job on the oil pan and the tranny pan.... "farmer Restoration" in my book.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Good call, Just stay patient, the right one will come along