• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Complete floor pan and frame braces help.....

TexasDude

Loc.
Dallas
Over the Xmas break I'm planning on swapping out the complete floor pan from the back to the front. While I was at it, I thought I'd swap out the braces too. Has anyone ever done this while on the frame? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Is this possible? Thank you sooooo much in advance

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
depends on how rusty you are...the complete floor pan might be a better option. Post up pics if you can!

OP
OP
T

TexasDude

Loc.
Dallas
I'm going to do the entire floor pan and even the wheel wells in the rear. The front half of the cab is actually fairly solid. The back half is rusty as all get out. We are going to do it as a frame on project. Ugh. I'm talking all support braces etc.

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
You might want to get some new body mounts as well before you start. It makes the job a lot easier.
Good luck with your project!

77bronk

Loc.
Fort Worth, TX
im right there with ya, about to re do my entire floor as well. my supports are good. the po got happy with a welder and made all kinds of weird mounts and tabs and holes everywhere.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
In spite of all the work that mother nature and all the PO's are putting you all through, I'm fairly gratified to see all the love being put into these rigs nowadays to make them back to (almost) perfect. Just like they came from the factory. (you know... "almost perfect" with lots of small blemishes).

Probably been a long time since one family of vehicles has had this many full restorations put to them. Seems like even more than Mustangs got in their heyday.
But I wasn't paying as much attention to the Mustangs either, so might have missed the ground swell of restorations that happened over the last thirty years or so.

Good luck with all your bottom-to-top projects!

Paul

tk1218

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flower Mound
TexasDude

Let us fellow dallasites know if you need any help. I've replaced several front floor pans but have never done the full floor

I would guess you will need to brace the doors and across the body. Also would guess the inner rockers will need some attention if the back is as bad as you noted

Rocko1012

Floor Material

Where are you ordering from? Need pictures of Seatbelt support brackets and how they mount to support. Mine are rusted bad and need replacing.
I looked at buying all floor supports and pans from JBG.